CLAIM: CBS staffers in a panic over call for $100M in cuts
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
CBS’ renewed call for $100 million in cuts has staffers of the broadcast company — which is still reeling from a series of sexual harassment scandals — in a tizzy over who’s in and who’s out, The Post has learned.
“We are reorganizing and thinking about functions that go across multiple divisions,” interim CEO Joe Ianniello told analysts at Deutsche Bank Media and Telecom conference in Palm Beach, Fla., on Tuesday. “We expect to … get $100 million in cost savings,” he said.
The article goes on to state the following:
That had staffers of CBS’ news division questioning who might be on the chopping block, especially as ratings for its morning and nightly news shows fall — and as Gayle King of “CBS This Morning” is reported to be looking to at least double her $6 million salary.
“Gayle is looking for $10 million more? Bodies will have to roll,” one well-placed source told The Post.
“Their morning show hasn’t had an executive producer for two and half months,” this person said. “Meanwhile, the evening news team thinks they are all fired.”
— New York Post (@nypost) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh lands exciting new job opportunity
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- EXCLUSIVE: Judge Jeanine Pirro makes public comments on Fox News controversy