CLAIM: Conservative columnist: ‘I would take Obama back in a nanosecond’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A conservative columnist for The Washington Post on Friday wrote that the current political climate makes him miss former President Obama, saying he would take the Democrat back in a “nanosecond.”
Max Boot was a foreign policy adviser in both of the Republican presidential campaigns against Obama in 2008 and 2012.
The article goes on to state the following:
Despite his criticisms of the former commander-in-chief, Boot wrote that Obama’s presidency now “appears to be a lost golden age when reason and morality reigned.”
Boot wrote that he gained a “new perspective” on the Obama administration after watching him deliver a speech in South Africa on the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s birth.
“I was moved nearly to tears by his eloquent defense of a liberal world order that President Trump appears bent on destroying,” Book wrote.
Obama appeared to offer wide-ranging criticism of Trump in the Tuesday speech, saying “those in power seek to undermine every institution or norm that gives democracy meaning.”
Boot said Obama’s speech was not full of self-praise or name-calling like many from Trump.
“Obama has a far better claim than Trump to being a ‘very stable genius,’ but he didn’t call himself one,” Boot wrote. “The sentences were complete and sonorous — and probably written by the speaker himself.”
“Imagine Trump writing anything longer than a tweet — and even those are full of mistakes,” he added.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees