Claim: French president says he changed Trump’s mind on Syria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Axios:
French President Emmanuel Macron claimed in a television interview that France has convinced President Trump that it is “necessary” to remain in Syria “long-term,” according to the AFP.
Why this matters: If Trump follows through on this alleged commitment to Macron, it would be one of the biggest and most abrupt foreign policy reversals in his presidency. Trump has demanded for months — over the objections of his national security team — that his administration withdraw U.S. troops from Syria.
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
“Ten days ago, President Trump was saying the United States of America had a duty to disengage from Syria,” said Macron, according to Agence France-Presse White House correspondent Jérôme Cartillier. “We convinced him it was necessary to stay. I assure you, we have convinced him that it is necessary to stay for the long-term.”
According to the report, Trump thinks it may not be possible to fix Syria, and that American involvement is “a waste of lives and money” for which “the U.S. gets ‘nothing.'”
Yet after seeing images of children who were gassed, Trump “flips in the other direction and issues missiles to Syria — as he did on Friday and last year.”
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Axios.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: Judge rules Trump administration justified in ending Obama-era immigration program
- REPORT: Corsi slaps Mueller with $350M lawsuit
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
- REPORT: Company announces moving production out of China over tariff concerns
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh sides with liberal judges to turn away Planned Parenthood defunding cases
- VIDEO: Chris Christie comments on Trump’s legal jeopardy
- OpEd: Cohen’s pleas concocted by prosecutors to snare Trump
- REPORT: YouTube terminates conservative activist’s channel
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez surprises Queens synagogue with family history
- REPORT: Actress declares ‘We should be afraid’ of Trump