CLAIM: Lawsuit alleges Trump campaign paid women less than men
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A court filing Monday alleges President Trump’s 2016 campaign paid woman employees, including former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman, less than men.
The filing, which was part of a broader lawsuit, cites an analysis it says found that, except for a “small handful” of senior employees, woman campaign employees were paid an average of $3,865 per month compared to an average of $4,568 for men, an 18.2 percent gap.
The article goes on to state the following:
The lawsuit alleges the Trump campaign “maintained a common policy … of paying female employees less than their male counterparts for the same or similar work.”
Former Trump campaign worker Alva Johnson, who filed the original suitearlier this year in federal court in Tampa, Florida, alleges discrimination on the basis of gender and race.
In the filing, Johnson asks to be named the lead plaintiff for a collective action by other former Trump campaign employees alleging they were paid less than their male counterparts. The lawsuit claims she was paid $3,000 a month between January and August 2016 and $4,000 for the remainder of her time with the campaign, which it says was “considerably less than that paid to male Campaign staff who had the same responsibilities as she did and lower even than male Campaign staff who had fewer responsibilities than she did.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- REPORT: Bill Gates dethroned, no longer second richest person in the world
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar to introduce resolution supporting Israel boycotts [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Black Conservative Shreds Ayanna Pressley’s Racial Purity Comments