CLAIM: At luncheon Trump told GOP ‘we are on the same team’; talked trade, nuclear threats
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump told Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill Tuesday he is working on a new North American Free Trade Agreement as well as plans to denuclearize Iran and North Korea.
Trump, in an hour-long private lunch off the Senate chamber, also told the GOP he will help them in the upcoming midterms to get the message out to voters “that we are really on the same team,” and that a GOP Congress is needed to pass his agenda.
The article goes on to state the following:
“He touched on a wide range of topics, from North Korea to China to Iran, and NAFTA as well as negotiations on a broader scale with regard to trade,” Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., said after the lunch.
Rounds said Trump also urged lawmakers to promote the GOP led tax reforms, deregulation and confirmation of judges.
According to Rounds: “[Trump] really does have a focus on trade and he understands the economy is going to rely on fair trade. He said in order to make it a safer world he’s got to take care of the nuclear threats that are out there, both in North Korea and Iran. I think his focus was on the most serious issues in the world today and he makes clear resolving the issues surrounding North Korea and Iran are some of the areas he really has to focus on right now.”
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Robert DeNiro says he is banning Trump from his restaurants
- POLL: How do you rate the NFL’s new policy on the national anthem?
- REPORT: Semi truck busted pulling trailer FILLED with illegal immigrants in Texas
- REPORT: FBI Agents want Congress to subpoena them so they can blow whistle on Comey, Lynch and McCabe
- Trump Tweet: Tomi Lahren
- TRUMP TWEET: Two words
- REPORT: Comey blasts Trump’s FBI claims: ‘How will Republicans explain this to their grandchildren?’
- BREAKING: Judge rules whether Trump can block users on Twitter
- Trump Tweet: Slams James Clapper over comment on The View
- REPORT: State Dept issues warning after US employee victim of possible sonic attack in China