CLAIM: Sarah Sanders gave White House communications team a dressing down over McCain leak
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Axios:
At yesterday’s meeting of the White House communications team — in the wake of a leak from the prior meeting of a callous remark about John McCain’s brain cancer — a visibly upset and furious Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told the group: “I am sure this conversation is going to leak, too. And that’s just disgusting,” according to a source in the room.
Sanders’ prediction came true. What follows below is a leak from that very intense meeting yesterday, according to five sources in the room. The broad outlines of this meeting were first reported by ABC News.
The article goes on to state the following:
In an emotional speech in the Roosevelt Room, Sanders lambasted the press and communications team for the leak:
- Kelly Sadler’s comment was inappropriate, she said, according to a staffer in the room, but that didn’t justify leaking it to the press.
- Sanders told the team that Thursday should have been a great day for the White House, especially with the historic photos of Trump welcoming the hostages released from North Korea.
- But instead, that was overcome by saturation cable TV coverage about Sadler’s comment. In Thursday’s meeting of the White House communications and press team, Sadler said “It doesn’t matter, he’s dying anyway,” in reference to McCain’s decision to oppose Trump’s CIA nominee Gina Haspel. The Hill first reported the private remarks. Since then, everyone from McCain’s family to members of Congress to former Vice President Joe Biden has condemned the remark.
According to the report, a “source” claimed Sanders said Sadler’s comment was “wrong,” and explained that Sandersintention was to impress upon the group that “issues” should be “litigated internally” as leaks to the press inflict “immense damage on the White House.”
To weigh in on this information provided by Axios, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Axios
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta complains about Rose Garden press conference where he didn’t get a question
- VIDEO: Someone in State Dept likely involved in bid to take down Trump
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- REPORT: Lori Loughlin’s daughter, Olivia Jade, reportedly didn’t fill out her own college application
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Democrats’ call to expand the Supreme Court