CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
An internal document obtained from China’s Communist Party revealed that the country adopted a secret plan in September which offered to support the North Korean government with increased aid and military support, including new missiles, if Pyongyang ceased its nuclear tests.
According to the Washington Free Beacon, the document was dated Sept. 15 and labeled “top secret.” China’s plan for addressing the North Korean nuclear issue was outlined in the document, which stated that China will allow Pyongyang to retain its current arsenal of nuclear weapons, despite its public stance that it seeks a denuclearized Korean peninsula.
China also assured the North Korean government that they would not allow it to collapse, and that Beijing would not punish Kim Jong Un’s regime under a recent U.N. resolution that required the cessation of oil and gas shipments into North Korea. All sanctions applied by China would be symbolic, according to the plan.
Last week, President Donald Trump criticized China for continuing to send oil to North Korea in violation of U.N. sanctions, tweeting, “Caught RED HANDED – very disappointed that China is allowing oil to go into North Korea. There will never be a friendly solution to the North Korea problem if this continues to happen!”
Caught RED HANDED – very disappointed that China is allowing oil to go into North Korea. There will never be a friendly solution to the North Korea problem if this continues to happen!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 28, 2017
The Washington Free Beacon reported, “Release of the classified internal document is unusual since China’s communist system imposes strict secrecy on all party policies. Exposure of the secret Central Committee directive could indicate high-level opposition within the party to current supreme leader Xi Jinping, who has consolidated more power than any leader since Mao Zedong.”
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts