CLAIM: Sessions asked to investigate social media giants, sources reveal his response
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is exploring a potential investigation of social media companies and will be briefed on Sept. 25 by Republican state attorneys general who are already examining the firms’ practices, according to two people familiar with the matter.
The meeting — which will include a representative of the Justice Department’s antitrust division — is intended to help Sessions decide if there’s a federal case to be made against companies such as Alphabet Inc.’s Google, Facebook Inc. and Twitter Inc. for violating consumer-protection or antitrust laws, the people said. They asked not to be identified discussing the matter because of its sensitivity.
The article goes on to say:
Sessions hasn’t made up his mind about whether to proceed, the people said. At least one of the attorneys general participating in the meeting has indicated he seeks to break up the companies.
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) September 12, 2018
— Amichai Stein (@AmichaiStein1) September 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by Bloomberg, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Bloomberg
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- VIDEO: First Lady Melania Trump speaks out on ridicule from critics