CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by JihadWatch.com:
Sri Lanka’s defense minister Ruwan Wijewardena “blamed religious extremists for what he called the ‘unfortunate terrorist incident.’”
But even in this hour of crisis neither he nor other authorities worldwide will dare to identify exactly what kind of “religious extremists” were involved, even though Indian media has already identified two of them by name: Zahran Hashim and Abu Mohammad.
The article goes on to state the following:
The jihad advances with impunity, and the powers of the world cower before it, portray Muslims as the true victims, and kowtow to its enablers and allies.
Seven suspects have been arrested over the Easter Sunday terror bombings at churches and luxury hotels in Sri Lanka, that killed at least 190 people and wounded hundreds more.
Sri Lanka’s defense minister Ruwan Wijewardena confirmed the arrests, according to Associated Press.
Eight blasts, thought to have been targeting worshippers and tourists, were reported across the country today, in the worst bout of violence in Sri Lanka since the South Asian country’s bloody civil war ended a decade ago. The death toll is expected to rise.
The government has imposed an island-wide curfew and a social media shutdown.
Earlier, the defense minister blamed religious extremists for what he called the “unfortunate terrorist incident”.
He said those “involved in this unfortunate terrorist incident will be taken into custody as soon as possible.”
About 8.45am local time, six near-simultaneous explosions occurred across three churches and three hotels.
St. Anthony’s Shrine and the hotels, Shangri-La, Kingsbury and the Cinnamon Grand, are in Colombo, the capital, and are frequented by foreign tourists.
To get more information about this article, please visit JihadWatch.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry