Claim: Trump lawyers may seek to block Stormy Daniels interview from airing
A new report claims that President Donald Trump’s legal team may be considering a legal action to stop the airing of an interview with adult film star Stormy Daniels. The “60 Minutes” interview with correspondent Anderson Cooper was recorded last week, but the air date has not been determined.
The Washington Examiner reports: “We understand from well-placed sources they are preparing to file for a legal injunction to prevent it from airing,” a person familiar with the situation told BuzzFeed News.
It’s not certain what the legal argument Trump’s lawyers would use to justify legal action, BuzzFeed reports.
The report continues: Last week, Clifford filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles against Trump, arguing their nondisclosure agreement about her “intimate” relationship with him is invalid because he never signed it. The lawsuit alleges Cohen tried to “intimidate” Clifford and “shut her up” by launching a “bogus arbitration proceeding” against her on Feb. 27.
Clifford and Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen had signed an agreement ahead of the 2016 election that prevented her from speaking about a sexual encounter between herself and Trump in 2006.
— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) March 8, 2018
— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) March 11, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Robert DeNiro says he is banning Trump from his restaurants
- POLL: How do you rate the NFL’s new policy on the national anthem?
- REPORT: Semi truck busted pulling trailer FILLED with illegal immigrants in Texas
- REPORT: FBI Agents want Congress to subpoena them so they can blow whistle on Comey, Lynch and McCabe
- Trump Tweet: Tomi Lahren
- TRUMP TWEET: Two words
- REPORT: Comey blasts Trump’s FBI claims: ‘How will Republicans explain this to their grandchildren?’
- BREAKING: Judge rules whether Trump can block users on Twitter
- Trump Tweet: Slams James Clapper over comment on The View
- REPORT: State Dept issues warning after US employee victim of possible sonic attack in China