Claim: Trump lawyers may seek to block Stormy Daniels interview from airing
A new report claims that President Donald Trump’s legal team may be considering a legal action to stop the airing of an interview with adult film star Stormy Daniels. The “60 Minutes” interview with correspondent Anderson Cooper was recorded last week, but the air date has not been determined.
The Washington Examiner reports: “We understand from well-placed sources they are preparing to file for a legal injunction to prevent it from airing,” a person familiar with the situation told BuzzFeed News.
It’s not certain what the legal argument Trump’s lawyers would use to justify legal action, BuzzFeed reports.
The report continues: Last week, Clifford filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles against Trump, arguing their nondisclosure agreement about her “intimate” relationship with him is invalid because he never signed it. The lawsuit alleges Cohen tried to “intimidate” Clifford and “shut her up” by launching a “bogus arbitration proceeding” against her on Feb. 27.
Clifford and Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen had signed an agreement ahead of the 2016 election that prevented her from speaking about a sexual encounter between herself and Trump in 2006.
— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) March 8, 2018
— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) March 11, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Wasserman Schultz appointed to House committee charged with oversight of Donald Trump
- BREAKING: President Trump sends letter to Pelosi regarding State of the Union speech
- BREAKING: Pelosi responds to President Trump regarding his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Kentucky teen in viral video stands firm during grilling by NBC host
- VIDEO: Sarah Sanders responds to Ocasio-Cortez’s end-of-the-world prediction
- BREAKING: Police announce arrest made in case of incapacitated woman who gave birth (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Trump slams Pelosi for cancelling the State of the Union address
- REPORT: House does redo vote on bill to reopen government
- VIDEO: CNN guest: ‘I am triggered, I’m so triggered’ by MAGA hats
- VIDEO: President Trump responds to news of Pelosi’s dis-invite letter