CLAIM: Trump talked with individual close to Sessions about replacing him as AG
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump reportedly spoke with Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s chief of staff Matthew Whitaker about replacing Sessions in his role, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.
Sources briefed on the matter told the Post that the conversation was vague and did not specify if Whitaker would take over in an interim or permanent capacity, or how serious the president’s proposal was.
The article goes on to state the following:
The attorney general and the president have had an embittered relationship since Sessions recused himself from the Justice Department’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem