CLAIM: U.S. won’t bring up North Korea’s human rights issues at Singapore summit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
WASHINGTON — Wounded from torture and starving, Grace Jo’s father died on a train heading to a North Korean prison camp, a fellow inmate told his family. His crime: illegally possessing a bag of rice during the 1990s famine.
Jo escaped across the river to China in 1998, and is now a U.S. citizen and college student in suburban Washington. She is deeply concerned that President Donald Trump is preparing to make peace with the “monster,” as she put it, who runs her native country.
“He should not make a deal with terrorists,” Jo told NBC News. “This regime will never give up its nuclear development.”
The article goes on to state the following:
When Trump meets Kim Jong Un in Singapore on Tuesday, he will be sitting down with the leader of one of the most brutal and repressive regimes in modern history — a country that has committed “unspeakable atrocities” on a vast scale in a manner reminiscent of Nazi Germany, according to a 2014 United Nations investigation.
But two administration officials tell NBC News the U.S. has decided not to bring up human rights at the summit. And Trump has made clear he would be willing to offer security guarantees and financial aid to Kim if he gives up his nuclear arsenal.
To weigh in on this information provided by NBCNews.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending