CLAIM: Washington Examiner Reporter Claims He Was Denied Press Pass For ‘Green New Deal’ Rally
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
A reporter for The Washington Examiner claimed on Twitter that he was barred from gaining credentials to cover a “Green New Deal” rally scheduled for Monday night.
The event, which was put on by the Sunrise Movement, an environmental activism group attempting to build “an army of young people to stop climate change and create millions of good jobs in the process,” featured independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Ed Markey.
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 13, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
“I am not comfortable drawing attention to myself, and away from my work, but as
@sunrisemvmt begins their D.C. rally with @AOC and @SenSanders, I thought it was important to say that Sunrise would not grant me a credential to attend the event because I work for the @dcexaminer,” Joshua Siegel tweeted. “At a time when climate advocates are trying to unite the country, picking and choosing coverage seems wrong, especially when I am known for my fair, non-ideological reporting.”
Stephen O’Hanlon, a Sunrise Movement’s communications spokesperson, tweeted a response to Siegel, saying, “Replied to [J]osh, but dropping here too: we had to turn away several dozen outlets because of space, all across the political spectrum. Nothing personal against you. As you’ve mentioned, Varshini has taken time to chat with you in the past and we’d be happy to chat again.”
Siegel pushed back, claiming that he requested his press credentials last Wednesday, before claiming that they specifically told him the Examiner wasn’t allowed at the event. Zack Coleman of Politico defended Siegel’s argument, saying that he got approved to attend the event, despite applying for a press pass two days later.
“And I will be damned if the same politicians who refused to act then are gonna try to come back today say we need a middle of the road approach to save our lives. That is too much for me” @AOC #GreenNewDeal #Road2GND pic.twitter.com/lFmZpRnJ9Q
— People for Bernie (@People4Bernie) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales