CLAIM: The Washington Post ‘stealth-edited’ an article after first blaming Israel for infant’s death
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Washington Post published a report this week alleging the Israel Defense Forces were responsible for the tragic death of a Palestinian infant. The way the Post told the story, the baby suffocated to death after IDF soldiers deployed tear gas during violent clashes with Palestinian citizens.
The only problem with this story is that there are multiple, conflicting accounts. It’s by no means clear that the infant died as a direct result of IDF actions. Worse still, the Post seems to have accepted but not admitted this, as the paper scrubbed its report to remove the initial claim that Israeli forces are directly responsible for the child’s death.
The article goes on to state the following:
It’s pretty cowardly stuff. And a lot of good a stealth edit is going to do, considering the original Post story went out Tuesday morning with the death-by-tear-gas narrative built right into the title.
The report’s initial headline read, “Toll for Gaza protests rises to 59 as baby dies from tear gas, with more protests expected.”
That headline stayed up on the Post’s website for roughly six hours before editors changed it to the current, “Gaza buries its dead as death toll from protests at fence with Israel rises to at least 60.”
The opinion piece notes that the story’s opening sentence included the words, “after an infant died overnight from tear gas inhalation, according to local health officials.”
The article has since been amended, with all mentions of the baby changed a line that now reports the infant had a “pre-existing” medical condition.
According to the article, no formal correction or apology was made on the story.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’