CLAIM: The Washington Post ‘stealth-edited’ an article after first blaming Israel for infant’s death
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Washington Post published a report this week alleging the Israel Defense Forces were responsible for the tragic death of a Palestinian infant. The way the Post told the story, the baby suffocated to death after IDF soldiers deployed tear gas during violent clashes with Palestinian citizens.
The only problem with this story is that there are multiple, conflicting accounts. It’s by no means clear that the infant died as a direct result of IDF actions. Worse still, the Post seems to have accepted but not admitted this, as the paper scrubbed its report to remove the initial claim that Israeli forces are directly responsible for the child’s death.
The article goes on to state the following:
It’s pretty cowardly stuff. And a lot of good a stealth edit is going to do, considering the original Post story went out Tuesday morning with the death-by-tear-gas narrative built right into the title.
The report’s initial headline read, “Toll for Gaza protests rises to 59 as baby dies from tear gas, with more protests expected.”
That headline stayed up on the Post’s website for roughly six hours before editors changed it to the current, “Gaza buries its dead as death toll from protests at fence with Israel rises to at least 60.”
The opinion piece notes that the story’s opening sentence included the words, “after an infant died overnight from tear gas inhalation, according to local health officials.”
The article has since been amended, with all mentions of the baby changed a line that now reports the infant had a “pre-existing” medical condition.
According to the article, no formal correction or apology was made on the story.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending