CLAIM: The Washington Post ‘stealth-edited’ an article after first blaming Israel for infant’s death
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Washington Post published a report this week alleging the Israel Defense Forces were responsible for the tragic death of a Palestinian infant. The way the Post told the story, the baby suffocated to death after IDF soldiers deployed tear gas during violent clashes with Palestinian citizens.
The only problem with this story is that there are multiple, conflicting accounts. It’s by no means clear that the infant died as a direct result of IDF actions. Worse still, the Post seems to have accepted but not admitted this, as the paper scrubbed its report to remove the initial claim that Israeli forces are directly responsible for the child’s death.
The article goes on to state the following:
It’s pretty cowardly stuff. And a lot of good a stealth edit is going to do, considering the original Post story went out Tuesday morning with the death-by-tear-gas narrative built right into the title.
The report’s initial headline read, “Toll for Gaza protests rises to 59 as baby dies from tear gas, with more protests expected.”
That headline stayed up on the Post’s website for roughly six hours before editors changed it to the current, “Gaza buries its dead as death toll from protests at fence with Israel rises to at least 60.”
The opinion piece notes that the story’s opening sentence included the words, “after an infant died overnight from tear gas inhalation, according to local health officials.”
The article has since been amended, with all mentions of the baby changed a line that now reports the infant had a “pre-existing” medical condition.
According to the article, no formal correction or apology was made on the story.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended