CLAIM: White House drafting executive order on imposing sanctions for election interference
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The White House is working on an executive order that would allow President Trump to impose sanctions on any foreigner who meddles in U.S. elections, according to a report.
The draft order, still subject to change, creates a new “election interference” category of offense that would trigger a range of sanctions, per the Washington Post.
The article goes on to state the following:
The only mandatory sanction will be slapped on individuals found to have taken part in campaigns aimed at influencing elections; however, similar sanctions implemented by both the Obama and Trump administrations have had little success as a deterrent with Russia still posing a threat to the 2018 midterm elections.
But strong discretionary sanctions included in the draft permit Trump to sanction “10 of the 30 largest business entities” in a country whose government interfered, the draft order reportedly states.
Trump’s White House is preparing an eight-page executive order on election interference, calling it a “national emergency.” But will he sign it? Latest w/@shaneharris & @nakashimae: https://t.co/KOuWgrg0bq
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems