CLAIM: White House drafting executive order on imposing sanctions for election interference
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The White House is working on an executive order that would allow President Trump to impose sanctions on any foreigner who meddles in U.S. elections, according to a report.
The draft order, still subject to change, creates a new “election interference” category of offense that would trigger a range of sanctions, per the Washington Post.
The article goes on to state the following:
The only mandatory sanction will be slapped on individuals found to have taken part in campaigns aimed at influencing elections; however, similar sanctions implemented by both the Obama and Trump administrations have had little success as a deterrent with Russia still posing a threat to the 2018 midterm elections.
But strong discretionary sanctions included in the draft permit Trump to sanction “10 of the 30 largest business entities” in a country whose government interfered, the draft order reportedly states.
Trump’s White House is preparing an eight-page executive order on election interference, calling it a “national emergency.” But will he sign it? Latest w/@shaneharris & @nakashimae: https://t.co/KOuWgrg0bq
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”