CLAIM: White House drafting executive order on imposing sanctions for election interference
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The White House is working on an executive order that would allow President Trump to impose sanctions on any foreigner who meddles in U.S. elections, according to a report.
The draft order, still subject to change, creates a new “election interference” category of offense that would trigger a range of sanctions, per the Washington Post.
The article goes on to state the following:
The only mandatory sanction will be slapped on individuals found to have taken part in campaigns aimed at influencing elections; however, similar sanctions implemented by both the Obama and Trump administrations have had little success as a deterrent with Russia still posing a threat to the 2018 midterm elections.
But strong discretionary sanctions included in the draft permit Trump to sanction “10 of the 30 largest business entities” in a country whose government interfered, the draft order reportedly states.
Trump’s White House is preparing an eight-page executive order on election interference, calling it a “national emergency.” But will he sign it? Latest w/@shaneharris & @nakashimae: https://t.co/KOuWgrg0bq
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Woman arrested at ‘extremist Muslim’ compound moved to custody of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services