CLAIM: White House drafting executive order on imposing sanctions for election interference
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The White House is working on an executive order that would allow President Trump to impose sanctions on any foreigner who meddles in U.S. elections, according to a report.
The draft order, still subject to change, creates a new “election interference” category of offense that would trigger a range of sanctions, per the Washington Post.
The article goes on to state the following:
The only mandatory sanction will be slapped on individuals found to have taken part in campaigns aimed at influencing elections; however, similar sanctions implemented by both the Obama and Trump administrations have had little success as a deterrent with Russia still posing a threat to the 2018 midterm elections.
But strong discretionary sanctions included in the draft permit Trump to sanction “10 of the 30 largest business entities” in a country whose government interfered, the draft order reportedly states.
Trump’s White House is preparing an eight-page executive order on election interference, calling it a “national emergency.” But will he sign it? Latest w/@shaneharris & @nakashimae: https://t.co/KOuWgrg0bq
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Pelosi responds when asked whether she will be next House Speaker
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti hit with HUGE DEFEAT in ex-colleague’s lawsuit
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers