Cliven Bundy considering legal action against feds
Following the Monday dismissal of charges against Cliven Bundy, the Nevada rancher is reportedly considering filing a lawsuit against the federal government for malicious prosecution and civil rights violations.
According to attorney Larry Klayman, a conservative activist and former Justice Department lawyer who has represented Bundy in other matters, Bundy, 71, might also file ethics complaints against federal prosecutors, The Washington Times reported.
Bundy’s potential lawsuits are related to the court battle that concluded Monday when U.S. District Court Chief Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the government’s case against Bundy and characterized the conduct of the federal prosecutors in the trial as “outrageous.” Navarro also said that the prosecutors in the case “violated due process rights” of the defendants.
Navarro ordered Bundy to be released from prison immediately.
Klayman contended that Navarro “didn’t dismiss this matter out of the goodness of her heart. It was like rats fleeing a sinking ship.”
“But what she said was extremely strong against prosecutors and against the FBI in particular,” he said. “This is yet the latest FBI scandal. [She] accused them of lying and hiding evidence, calling it ‘outrageous.’”
Navarro lambasted prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s office in Nevada for willfully withholding potentially exculpatory evidence from the defense, including FBI surveillance and sniper records from the April 2014 armed confrontation that occurred at the Bundy ranch near Bunkerville, Nevada.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds