Cliven Bundy considering legal action against feds
Following the Monday dismissal of charges against Cliven Bundy, the Nevada rancher is reportedly considering filing a lawsuit against the federal government for malicious prosecution and civil rights violations.
According to attorney Larry Klayman, a conservative activist and former Justice Department lawyer who has represented Bundy in other matters, Bundy, 71, might also file ethics complaints against federal prosecutors, The Washington Times reported.
Bundy’s potential lawsuits are related to the court battle that concluded Monday when U.S. District Court Chief Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the government’s case against Bundy and characterized the conduct of the federal prosecutors in the trial as “outrageous.” Navarro also said that the prosecutors in the case “violated due process rights” of the defendants.
Navarro ordered Bundy to be released from prison immediately.
Klayman contended that Navarro “didn’t dismiss this matter out of the goodness of her heart. It was like rats fleeing a sinking ship.”
“But what she said was extremely strong against prosecutors and against the FBI in particular,” he said. “This is yet the latest FBI scandal. [She] accused them of lying and hiding evidence, calling it ‘outrageous.’”
Navarro lambasted prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s office in Nevada for willfully withholding potentially exculpatory evidence from the defense, including FBI surveillance and sniper records from the April 2014 armed confrontation that occurred at the Bundy ranch near Bunkerville, Nevada.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts