Cliven Bundy considering legal action against feds
Following the Monday dismissal of charges against Cliven Bundy, the Nevada rancher is reportedly considering filing a lawsuit against the federal government for malicious prosecution and civil rights violations.
According to attorney Larry Klayman, a conservative activist and former Justice Department lawyer who has represented Bundy in other matters, Bundy, 71, might also file ethics complaints against federal prosecutors, The Washington Times reported.
Bundy’s potential lawsuits are related to the court battle that concluded Monday when U.S. District Court Chief Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the government’s case against Bundy and characterized the conduct of the federal prosecutors in the trial as “outrageous.” Navarro also said that the prosecutors in the case “violated due process rights” of the defendants.
Navarro ordered Bundy to be released from prison immediately.
Klayman contended that Navarro “didn’t dismiss this matter out of the goodness of her heart. It was like rats fleeing a sinking ship.”
“But what she said was extremely strong against prosecutors and against the FBI in particular,” he said. “This is yet the latest FBI scandal. [She] accused them of lying and hiding evidence, calling it ‘outrageous.’”
Navarro lambasted prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s office in Nevada for willfully withholding potentially exculpatory evidence from the defense, including FBI surveillance and sniper records from the April 2014 armed confrontation that occurred at the Bundy ranch near Bunkerville, Nevada.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- REPORT: Researchers Admit MATH ERROR on ‘Alarming’ Study Claiming Global Warming Heating Up Oceans