Colbert goes to new low, mocks First Lady Melania Trump in parody skit (video)
First Lady Melania Trump was impersonated Wednesday on “The Late Show” with host Stephen Colbert, during which she was portrayed in a skit designed to mockingly debunk claims in Michael Wolff’s controversial new book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”
Impersonator Laura Benanti, who has previously impersonated the first lady on the show, was asked by Colbert if any of the allegations in the book were accurate.
“It is pure fiction. Fake book. Every single word is lie,” said Benanti’s Melania.
Although a spokesperson for Melania said that the first lady supported President Donald Trump’s decision to run and “was confident he would win and was very happy when he did,” Wolff claimed in the book that Melania cried on election night.
“Oh, no no. That is true,” Benanti’s Melania revealed after Colbert asked about her alleged tears. “But they were tears of happiness. You know like you do at your wedding or every morning in the mirror.”
According to Wolff’s account, many in the administration refer to the president as an “idiot,” but Benanti’s Melania comically pointed out that “one of the grandchildren can’t even talk yet.”
Benanti’s Melania also quipped about the many “hiding places” in Trump Tower, which help her avoid seeing her husband, as the book implies. Wolff alleged that the White House staff refers to Trump’s daughter Ivanka as the “real wife,” because Melania is always absent.
“Oh yes, but the staff has all sorts of funny nicknames for us,” said Benanti’s Melania. “They call me ‘flight risk.’”
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- BREAKING: Nevada brothel owner and GOP candidate found DEAD
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton’s Van Crashes Upon Arrival at Dem Fundraiser, GOP adds background music
- REPORT: Avenatti and Stormy Daniels tear into Trump for calling her ‘Horseface’
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: Clinton launches Twitter storm against Trump, begs Dem voters to do something
- EXCLUSIVE: Urgency increases in project pressuring Trump on mandatory E-Verify
- REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response