Colbert goes to new low, mocks First Lady Melania Trump in parody skit (video)
First Lady Melania Trump was impersonated Wednesday on “The Late Show” with host Stephen Colbert, during which she was portrayed in a skit designed to mockingly debunk claims in Michael Wolff’s controversial new book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”
Impersonator Laura Benanti, who has previously impersonated the first lady on the show, was asked by Colbert if any of the allegations in the book were accurate.
“It is pure fiction. Fake book. Every single word is lie,” said Benanti’s Melania.
Although a spokesperson for Melania said that the first lady supported President Donald Trump’s decision to run and “was confident he would win and was very happy when he did,” Wolff claimed in the book that Melania cried on election night.
“Oh, no no. That is true,” Benanti’s Melania revealed after Colbert asked about her alleged tears. “But they were tears of happiness. You know like you do at your wedding or every morning in the mirror.”
According to Wolff’s account, many in the administration refer to the president as an “idiot,” but Benanti’s Melania comically pointed out that “one of the grandchildren can’t even talk yet.”
Benanti’s Melania also quipped about the many “hiding places” in Trump Tower, which help her avoid seeing her husband, as the book implies. Wolff alleged that the White House staff refers to Trump’s daughter Ivanka as the “real wife,” because Melania is always absent.
“Oh yes, but the staff has all sorts of funny nicknames for us,” said Benanti’s Melania. “They call me ‘flight risk.’”
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Parents Outraged Over Planned Parenthood’s Pornographic Sex Ed
- REPORT: Melania Trump Poses for pic with Clintons, Obamas and Bush family
- Former NFL star’s gun photo with daughter and date sparks outrage on Twitter (see it)
- REPORT: Bloomberg circumvents Trump, gives millions to fund deal that the president pulled out from
- VIDEO: Judge resigns after berating ill defendant who DIES three days later
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Rudy Giuliani in tweet
- REPORT: Evangelical meeting turns to Trump-bashing
- VIDEO: Woman fined $500 for free airline snack
- DML TV: Guest to Bill Maher: ‘You need to have respect’ for Trump supporters
- DML TV: CNN’s Dana Bash goes head to head with Kelly Anne Conway in heated inteview