Dem congressman has walk-out meltdown over Trump speech (video)
At the end of President Trump’s speech Tuesday night, a Democratic lawmaker decided that chants and rhetoric of patriotism was too much for him to handle.
Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez was caught on video storming out of the State of the Union event as people in the audience started shouting “USA!” He then also issued a statement of criticism against Trump following his exit.
The Daily Mail reports the following:
The representative from Illinois was caught ducking out the chamber at the end of the president’s speech while others around him applauded.
He then issued a scathing response to in which he sarcastically said: ‘Whoever translated it for him from Russian did a good job.’
A spokesperson for Gutierrez, 64, however, insisted that his walk out was not a political gesture, and was based more on scheduling.
‘He was trying to make it to Univision’, his spokesman said. ‘He watched the last 90 seconds on TV. It was not a protest or anything. He was just trying to get ahead of the crowd.'”
We have a bipartisan standing ovation — and a lot of “USA!” chants. https://t.co/00Kmhu7ges
— Meg Wagner (@megwagner) January 31, 2018
Gutierrez wasn’t enjoying himself much during the speech either, as evident by the following photo:
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’
- REPORT: Terror attack? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis calls for gun restrictions after Pensacola shooting