Dem congressman has walk-out meltdown over Trump speech (video)
At the end of President Trump’s speech Tuesday night, a Democratic lawmaker decided that chants and rhetoric of patriotism was too much for him to handle.
Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez was caught on video storming out of the State of the Union event as people in the audience started shouting “USA!” He then also issued a statement of criticism against Trump following his exit.
The Daily Mail reports the following:
The representative from Illinois was caught ducking out the chamber at the end of the president’s speech while others around him applauded.
He then issued a scathing response to in which he sarcastically said: ‘Whoever translated it for him from Russian did a good job.’
A spokesperson for Gutierrez, 64, however, insisted that his walk out was not a political gesture, and was based more on scheduling.
‘He was trying to make it to Univision’, his spokesman said. ‘He watched the last 90 seconds on TV. It was not a protest or anything. He was just trying to get ahead of the crowd.'”
We have a bipartisan standing ovation — and a lot of “USA!” chants. https://t.co/00Kmhu7ges
— Meg Wagner (@megwagner) January 31, 2018
Gutierrez wasn’t enjoying himself much during the speech either, as evident by the following photo:
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts