Dem vows to force vote to impeach Trump
Democratic Rep. Al Green (Texas) is moving ahead with his losing proposition to impeach President Donald Trump, despite the fact that even members of his own party are against him.
“Friends, whether we like it or not, we now have a bigot in the White House who incites hatred and hostility,” Green wrote in a letter to colleagues Tuesday, explaining his proposal. “The question isn’t whether we have a bigot as president. The question is: What are we going to do about it?”
Green promised to introduce his resolution on Wednesday, under a rule that requires the chamber to vote on the issue within two days. If he follows the proper procedures, Republicans will hold a vote on tabling, which would effectively kill the proposal during the House’s first series of votes on Wednesday, according to a GOP leadership aide who spoke to The Washington Times on condition of anonymity.
Green’s effort is certain to be opposed by all Republicans, according to the report.
Even Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is opposed to the idea. In the wake of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the connections between Russia and Trump’s 2016 campaign, Pelosi has said any impeachment effort should be put on hold until there’s evidence of an impeachable offense. So far, there has been no evidence that Trump “colluded” with the Russians to win the 2016 election.
However, Democrats also fear that opposing Green’s resolution puts them at risk of angering many of the party’s rabidly anti-Trump voters.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- BREAKING: Nevada brothel owner and GOP candidate found DEAD
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton’s Van Crashes Upon Arrival at Dem Fundraiser, GOP adds background music
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: Avenatti and Stormy Daniels tear into Trump for calling her ‘Horseface’
- REPORT: Clinton launches Twitter storm against Trump, begs Dem voters to do something
- EXCLUSIVE: Urgency increases in project pressuring Trump on mandatory E-Verify
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)