DML TV: Florida governor candidate exploits his own kids in TV commercial

OCTOBER 14, 2018

“I’m all for beating the Democrats in 2018, but how low does one have to go until it’s too low? I believe Republican Ron DeSantis has exploited his own kids in his new TV campaign ad, and with the blessing of his wife.  I get touting one’s family, but this goes past that sort of thing.  His children are too young to say “no”, and one has to wonder how they will feel later in life when they look back and see how they were used as a prop. “Disgusting” is the only word that can describe this commercial, and the political nonsense taking place today in our country is equally as bad. What happened to running on the strength’s of one’s character and leadership…?” – Dennis Michael Lynch

DML TV brings you the following must-see video. Watch and CHAT LIVE underneath.

LIVE CHAT. Watch more DML TV videos.

1. Kathy October 14th, 2018 at 11:15 am

I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s cute and attention getting. It’s really kinda funny. We need some humor sometimes. Does he have any others? This one is several months old.

2. Fran demario October 14th, 2018 at 11:18 am

Dennis cut the 💩. You’re wrong here.

3. Judith Gaskill October 14th, 2018 at 11:24 am

Really, DML. This is cute and funny. Are you going to the dark side????

• Cindy October 14th, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Yes I believe that DML is going to the Darkside. He’s making his new found hatred for Donald Trump overshadow all of the great accomplishments Trump has been making, and it seems that anyone who is supporting Trump is making DML very angry. I am all for the border being completely closed and not a single person coming into the country, but If DML were president what would make him different than Trump? will congress all of a sudden love him and give him the money for the wall that they won’t give to trump. Trump is the only president in recent history who is talking about chain migration, MS 13 and putting the wall up. He needs help from the Congress, why doesn’t anyone seem to understand this? Also, I blame business is for hiring illegals. If they stop hiring illegal aliens they would go home. As far as Obama care, It was John McCain who had the last deciding vote and he put his thumb down and screwed the American people. The mandate is gone which is very good and I have recently gotten a new health care plan under the Trump care plan that cut my payments in half and I have a much better plan with a way lower deductible. Overall there is so many positive things going on in the Country. DML, please lighten up! Just think, we could all be living in Venezuela. Life is good!!!

• Eric October 19th, 2018 at 3:08 am

DML has gotten ugly. Haven’t seen his tweets for a while and they’ve gotten sour for trump. Don’t like it. I Can go to CNN for that.

4. Sandi October 14th, 2018 at 11:27 am

Oh give me a break … putting your children in the frame has been done forever. I know DML did not write this bit. The Dems are pulling out all the stops again. Some liberals can be the scrum of the earth

5. AthenaG October 14th, 2018 at 11:30 am

Too funny 😂

6. Shirley Blanchard October 14th, 2018 at 11:37 am

I will say, as a Floridian, when the candidate choices were Putnam and DeSantis, I was not thrilled about either. I knew of DeSantis from the H.Clinton investigation, so I leaned toward him. Then, some of Ron’s promises, like cleaning up the Red Tide, well, I’ll have to wait and see. Then, when you mentioned on a TRUTH that Andrew Pollack was a speaker at a Ron DeSantis event where no one , including Mr. DeSantis, made a donation to Andrew’s Movement, I was appalled. I have to make a choice here and I will not vote Gillum.
    Candidates are getting to be slim pickings, in my opinion and will only get worse.

7. Andrea October 14th, 2018 at 11:56 am

I think it’s cute. I think the kids would think it’s cute.

8. Bea October 14th, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Wrong. They are adorable.

9. ZS October 14th, 2018 at 12:16 pm

De Santis is the better candidate seeing the choices. Can’t let Gollum (mispelled on purpose – we all know who Gollum is, right?) become governor. VOTE RED! VOTE RED! VOTE RED!

10. Pamela Nordland October 14th, 2018 at 12:28 pm

I think it was an obvious attempt to be over the top on MAGA satirical by poking a little fun. If I wrote this OpEd someone might accuse me of it being my “sensitive time of the month” but maybe the other comments might apply in that you work too much and might be tired. Love you Dennis!

11. FSTEWART October 14th, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Sorry, but don’t see anything wrong with the ad, and I’m from Florida. Will be voting DeSantis.

12. Joretta Hutton October 14th, 2018 at 8:15 pm

I see nothing wrong with this add.

13. Candy October 14th, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Ted Cruz did the same thing in the presidential campaign. There was no outrage. With all the crap the donkeys are doing , I think this is a breath of fresh air!

14. Lori Schmerler October 15th, 2018 at 1:49 am

I think it shown his wife well versed beautiful and his cute kids. It’s not the Same old Same Old..hes proud of his family what’s wrong with that, you have been a family oriented person too Dennis ..

15. Nena October 15th, 2018 at 2:25 am

I agree, I thought this was a very positive and adorable campaign ad for Desantis.

16. CELINA CARROLL November 5th, 2018 at 4:37 pm

I JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND YOU ANYMORE DML….AND TO THINK I WAS REALLY HOPING YOU WOULD TAKE OVER THE WHITE HOUSE IN 2024…..WTF HAPPENED TO YOU?