VIDEO: John Kerry Admits to Meeting With Iran About Nuclear Deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Former Secretary of State John Kerry admitted Wednesday that he’s met with top Iranian officials in hopes of salvaging the scrapped nuclear deal — as he slammed the Trump administration for trying to further “isolate” Iran.
The one-time presidential candidate said he’s sat down with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif “three or four times” in places including Norway and Munich since leaving office last year.
The article goes on to state the following:
“What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better,” Kerry explained in an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt. “What do you do to try to get peace in Syria? I mean, those are the things that really are preoccupying, because those are the impediments to people, to Iran’s ability to convince people that it’s ready to embrace something different.”
Trump has lashed out against Kerry before for his “possibly illegal shadow diplomacy on the very badly negotiated Iran deal.”
The former President Obama-nominated secretary of state said he’s held “very blunt” talks with Zarif.
“[I] told him look, you guys need to recognize that the world does not appreciate what’s happening with missiles, what’s happening with Hezbollah, what’s happening with Yemen,” he told Hewitt. “You’re supporting, you know, an ongoing struggle there. They say they’re prepared to negotiate and to resolve these issues. But the administration’s taken a very different tack.”
But Kerry said a resolution is likely nowhere in sight and blasted the Trump administration.
“It appears right now as if the administration is hell bent for leather, determined to pursue a regime change strategy to bring the economy down and try to isolate further,” he said.
.@AriFleischer: “If John Kerry is out giving advice to Iran about how to maneuver around what @realDonaldTrump is doing, it’s insidious.” #SpecialReport https://t.co/YyLR18NXBQ pic.twitter.com/ZS5OI8eDev
— Fox News (@FoxNews) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- VIDEO: First Lady Melania Trump speaks out on ridicule from critics