DOJ announces massive cost to taxpayers so far for Mueller’s Russia probe (video)
A new Justice Department report released on Tuesday reveals that special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe has cost taxpayers approximately $6.7 million in its first four-and-a-half months.
The spending totals include $3.2 million spent directly by Mueller for salaries, travel, rent and equipment, and another $3.5 million was spent for Justice employees who have been detailed to the Mueller probe, which is examining ties between Moscow and President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign, according to a Politico report.
Mueller’s been hiring new attorneys to the tune of $500,696 since he was appointed in mid-May. He also spent $733,969 to acquire office equipment for the investigation, which the DOJ report explained will be kept as the property of the federal government after the probe has ended.
Staffers who have temporarily relocated to the investigation’s headquarters in Washington have been reimbursed more than $220,00 for their travel expenses.
Mueller has also spent $157,339 for a variety of contractual services, including $111,245 for information technology, $24,456 for transcription and $17,217 for building services.
The report notes that, in addition to Mueller’s spending, $3.5 million was spent during the course of the investigation on DOJ components that support the investigation, according to a report in The Washington Times.
That figure “approximates expenditures the components would have incurred for the investigations irrespective of the existence of the SCO,” the report states.
Retired Secret Service agent Dan Bongino said in a Fox News interview Tuesday morning that the whole thing is a sham and a scam.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) December 5, 2017
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl