Edward Snowden tweets taunting claim about security clearance
According to a recent report, more than 30 White House officials and administration political appointees are still operating without full security clearances, including the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner and — until recently — White House staffer Rob Porter.
Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who copied and leaked secret classified information on surveillance programs in 2013, and is currently living in Moscow under temporary asylum, sent out a taunting tweet Monday, noting that it didn’t take him near that long to obtain security clearance.
Snowden has been called both a whistleblower and a traitor, and faces charges by the U.S. government if he ever returns. Russia has given him asylum until 2020, and he is currently seeking other countries who would protect him.
I got a security clearance faster than half of this White House. https://t.co/hYYWy6wHIe
— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) February 12, 2018
Snowden’s tweet came in response to the following:
White House says it’s common for security clearance to take a year.
1. It’s not. Unusual, even for Regular Janes and Joes.
2. It verges on Black Swan territory for top-rankers like Kushner & Porter, who cut the line.
3. *May* mean “never” & bureaucracy doesn’t want to say no.
— Barton Gellman (@bartongellman) February 12, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa