Edward Snowden tweets taunting claim about security clearance
According to a recent report, more than 30 White House officials and administration political appointees are still operating without full security clearances, including the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner and — until recently — White House staffer Rob Porter.
Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who copied and leaked secret classified information on surveillance programs in 2013, and is currently living in Moscow under temporary asylum, sent out a taunting tweet Monday, noting that it didn’t take him near that long to obtain security clearance.
Snowden has been called both a whistleblower and a traitor, and faces charges by the U.S. government if he ever returns. Russia has given him asylum until 2020, and he is currently seeking other countries who would protect him.
I got a security clearance faster than half of this White House. https://t.co/hYYWy6wHIe
— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) February 12, 2018
Snowden’s tweet came in response to the following:
White House says it’s common for security clearance to take a year.
1. It’s not. Unusual, even for Regular Janes and Joes.
2. It verges on Black Swan territory for top-rankers like Kushner & Porter, who cut the line.
3. *May* mean “never” & bureaucracy doesn’t want to say no.
— Barton Gellman (@bartongellman) February 12, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl