Elderly woman fires gun at ‘noisy’ children
One 84-year-old California woman took illegal action in order to save herself from the noise her neighbor’s children were making. According to the Los Angeles Times, she fired a gun at them. No one was hurt, however she was arrested and will face a judge next month.
On Friday evening, Betty Frances Sanders and her husband approached the fence that divides their property from their neighbors in Anderson and began arguing over the neighbors’ kids, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.
The three children, between 8 and 10 years old, had been riding motorcycles and were generally “being noisy” when Sanders and her husband approached their neighbors to complain, authorities said.
An argument ensued and Sanders shot one round from her gun toward her neighbors’ children, who were about 20 feet away, the Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. According to a log of the incident, one neighbor “could hear the bullets going over her children’s heads” and called police. No one was injured, officials said.
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- Florida lawmaker’s aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are actors
- Florida student speak out: I’m not a crisis actor (video)
- Pelosi proposes SHOCKING alternative to border wall (video)
- Prominent attorney charged for sexually abusing dog (video)
- UPDATE: 7th grader who shot himself at school had alarming items in backpack
- Trump accuser makes ominous threat (video)
- Reader sends screenshot of Facebook’s new censorship ploy (picture)
- Mueller files additional charges against Manafort, Gates
- REPORT: Retired sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- WaPo publishes video comparing Trump and Obama reactions to school shootings (video)