EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton tore into a magazine writer Monday for tweeting a joke about making Barron Trump the new White House chief of staff.
Jonathan Chait, a writer for New York magazine, responded to tweet by CBS News correspondent Alex Wagner, who commented that Pence aide Nick Ayers “somewhat resembles Mr. Trump in his younger days,” and claimed this is something the president looks for as a “positive signal.”
Ayers was reportedly being considered for Chief of Staff, but declined the offer.
Chait tweeted a mocking suggestion that Barron Trump, the president’s 12-year-old son, should be the next Chief of Staff.
“My darkhorse chief of staff pick: Barron Trump. 1. Looks like Trump 2. Will not make Trump work 3. Cannot be tried as an adult,” Chait wrote.
Chelsea Clinton responded, telling Chait to leave Barron out of it.
“Please leave Barron Trump out of “jokes” & analyses. He’s a kid and private citizen and deserves to be left alone. Thank you,” she wrote..
Please leave Barron Trump out of “jokes” & analyses. He’s a kid and private citizen and deserves to be left alone. Thank you. https://t.co/wDvfMo59vV
— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) December 10, 2018
My darkhorse chief of staff pick: Barron Trump
1. Looks like Trump
2. Will not make Trump work
3. Cannot be tried as an adult https://t.co/wNigDQMx89
— Jonathan Chait (@jonathanchait) December 10, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet