EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton tore into a magazine writer Monday for tweeting a joke about making Barron Trump the new White House chief of staff.
Jonathan Chait, a writer for New York magazine, responded to tweet by CBS News correspondent Alex Wagner, who commented that Pence aide Nick Ayers “somewhat resembles Mr. Trump in his younger days,” and claimed this is something the president looks for as a “positive signal.”
Ayers was reportedly being considered for Chief of Staff, but declined the offer.
Chait tweeted a mocking suggestion that Barron Trump, the president’s 12-year-old son, should be the next Chief of Staff.
“My darkhorse chief of staff pick: Barron Trump. 1. Looks like Trump 2. Will not make Trump work 3. Cannot be tried as an adult,” Chait wrote.
Chelsea Clinton responded, telling Chait to leave Barron out of it.
“Please leave Barron Trump out of “jokes” & analyses. He’s a kid and private citizen and deserves to be left alone. Thank you,” she wrote..
Please leave Barron Trump out of “jokes” & analyses. He’s a kid and private citizen and deserves to be left alone. Thank you. https://t.co/wDvfMo59vV
— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) December 10, 2018
My darkhorse chief of staff pick: Barron Trump
1. Looks like Trump
2. Will not make Trump work
3. Cannot be tried as an adult https://t.co/wNigDQMx89
— Jonathan Chait (@jonathanchait) December 10, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy