EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton tore into a magazine writer Monday for tweeting a joke about making Barron Trump the new White House chief of staff.
Jonathan Chait, a writer for New York magazine, responded to tweet by CBS News correspondent Alex Wagner, who commented that Pence aide Nick Ayers “somewhat resembles Mr. Trump in his younger days,” and claimed this is something the president looks for as a “positive signal.”
Ayers was reportedly being considered for Chief of Staff, but declined the offer.
Chait tweeted a mocking suggestion that Barron Trump, the president’s 12-year-old son, should be the next Chief of Staff.
“My darkhorse chief of staff pick: Barron Trump. 1. Looks like Trump 2. Will not make Trump work 3. Cannot be tried as an adult,” Chait wrote.
Chelsea Clinton responded, telling Chait to leave Barron out of it.
“Please leave Barron Trump out of “jokes” & analyses. He’s a kid and private citizen and deserves to be left alone. Thank you,” she wrote..
Please leave Barron Trump out of “jokes” & analyses. He’s a kid and private citizen and deserves to be left alone. Thank you. https://t.co/wDvfMo59vV
— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) December 10, 2018
My darkhorse chief of staff pick: Barron Trump
1. Looks like Trump
2. Will not make Trump work
3. Cannot be tried as an adult https://t.co/wNigDQMx89
— Jonathan Chait (@jonathanchait) December 10, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump