EXCLUSIVE: Message from President Trump on Hurricane Florence
On Wednesday, the president released a message about the hurricanes “threatening” the U.S., singling out Hurricane Florence as being of particular concern.
According to the message, Trump and other senior officials have met to discuss preparations for Florence, as the “Administration is focused on helping state leaders and the general public alike before, during, and after the storm makes landfall.
To follow s the complete message:
A message from President Trump on Hurricane Florence
This week, three major storms threaten American communities across an area spanning nearly 5,000 miles: Hurricane Florence (the Southeastern coast), Tropical Storm Olivia (Hawaii), and Tropical Storm Isaac (the Caribbean).
Hurricane Florence in particular poses a catastrophic threat to millions living in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia. The storm is expected to produce total rainfall of 20 to 30 inches, with isolated amounts up to 40 inches. “These numbers are hard to comprehend, but based on past experience, this amount of rain produces life-threatening, catastrophic flooding,” the National Weather Service tweeted.
President Donald J. Trump met with Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, FEMA Administrator Brock Long, and other senior officials yesterday in the Oval Office to discuss preparations. “Hurricane Florence is setting out to be a devastating event,” Administrator Long said, comparing its potential to Hurricane Hugo in 1989.
The Administration is focused on helping state leaders and the general public alike before, during, and after the storm makes landfall. “We’re supporting the governors with achieving their life safety evacuation and movements,” Administrator Long said. “We’re focused on mass care and sheltering. And then we’ll be focused on helping them to execute their response and recovery goals.”
Earlier this week, President Trump approved emergency declarations for South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. “I’ve spoken with the governors,” President Trump said yesterday. “They’re prepared. We’re prepared.”
To all Americans in the path of these storms: Be safe, be ready, and follow the advice of local officials.
A video message from President Trump: Hurricane Florence is fast approaching.
For more information and resources, please visit www.ready.gov.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- VIDEO: First Lady Melania Trump speaks out on ridicule from critics