All eyes on PA election today, and why it’s critical…
All eyes are on Pennsylvania today, as the election taking place could determine what will take place in November.
The first special election of 2018 features Republican Rick Saccone and Democrat Conor Lamb battling Tuesday for the congressional seat in Pennsylvania’s 18th district.
The congressional seat opened after Republican Rep. Tim Murphy, who was staunchly anti-abortion, resigned in 2017 amid reports that he asked his mistress to get an abortion when he believed she was pregnant.
Democrats are hoping to stir up enough enthusiasm in the special election – especially among union members – to increase voter turnout and change the party representing a district that has recently been red.
In illustration of the importance of Tuesday’s special election, Saccone has received major support from Vice President Pence, Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and President Trump himself traveled to western Pennsylvania this past weekend to campaign for Saccone and urge voters to elect him to advance the White House agenda. Joe Biden campaigned for Lamb.
DML News will be watching the election closely and posting final results when they become available.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned