Families enraged as OJ Simpson paid $20K for film
Controversial comedian Sacha Baron Cohen reportedly paid OJ Simpson $20,000 to appear in a film.
Cohen is best known for his satirical comedy and the British show “Da Ali G Show.” He apparently paid Simpson to appear in a prank for his next film, according to The Daily Mail, outraging the families of Simpson’s victims, to whom the disgraced former football star still owes millions.
A source told The Mail on Sunday that Baron Cohen wore a curly dark wig and black, thick-rimmed glasses to meet Simpson in a Las Vegas hotel room. The source said: “OJ would not even get in the hotel room until he was paid a sackload of cash. There was no way Sacha could have got OJ into the room without paying money.”
Simpson was acquitted of the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman in a 1995 criminal trial, only to be found liable for their deaths in a 1997 civil case.
The revelation that Baron Cohen paid Simpson a reputed [$20,000] has sparked outrage from the families of his victims, who Simpson still owes around £50 million ($70 million) from the civil suit.
Nicole Brown’s sister Tanya is quoted in the report as saying: “Nicole and Ron are two human beings who were brutally murdered. This is not a joke nor is it entertainment. If Sacha makes this a comedic effort his victims will be personified as a joke.”
The Goldman family’s lawyer, David Cook, says any money Simpson was paid should go to Ron’s father Fred, stating, “There is a legal and moral imperative here.”
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- Florida lawmaker’s aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are actors
- Florida student speak out: I’m not a crisis actor (video)
- Pelosi proposes SHOCKING alternative to border wall (video)
- Prominent attorney charged for sexually abusing dog (video)
- Twin newborn infants found dead in suitcase
- Reader sends screenshot of Facebook’s new censorship ploy (picture)
- Mueller files additional charges against Manafort, Gates
- REPORT: Retired sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- Rev. Billy Graham dead at 99
- POLL: Do you think the Trump family has profited from the presidency?