Families enraged as OJ Simpson paid $20K for film
Controversial comedian Sacha Baron Cohen reportedly paid OJ Simpson $20,000 to appear in a film.
Cohen is best known for his satirical comedy and the British show “Da Ali G Show.” He apparently paid Simpson to appear in a prank for his next film, according to The Daily Mail, outraging the families of Simpson’s victims, to whom the disgraced former football star still owes millions.
A source told The Mail on Sunday that Baron Cohen wore a curly dark wig and black, thick-rimmed glasses to meet Simpson in a Las Vegas hotel room. The source said: “OJ would not even get in the hotel room until he was paid a sackload of cash. There was no way Sacha could have got OJ into the room without paying money.”
Simpson was acquitted of the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman in a 1995 criminal trial, only to be found liable for their deaths in a 1997 civil case.
The revelation that Baron Cohen paid Simpson a reputed [$20,000] has sparked outrage from the families of his victims, who Simpson still owes around £50 million ($70 million) from the civil suit.
Nicole Brown’s sister Tanya is quoted in the report as saying: “Nicole and Ron are two human beings who were brutally murdered. This is not a joke nor is it entertainment. If Sacha makes this a comedic effort his victims will be personified as a joke.”
The Goldman family’s lawyer, David Cook, says any money Simpson was paid should go to Ron’s father Fred, stating, “There is a legal and moral imperative here.”
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district