Father of slain Parkland student: Stop talking about arming teachers (video)
Andrew Pollack, whose daughter, Meadow, was one of the 17 people slain in the Parkland, Florida school shooting on Valentine’s Day, told Fox Business’s Stuart Varney on Monday that the media should stop talking about “arming the teachers.”
The two were discussing the school safety bill, which was just passed in Florida last week, and signed into law by Florida Governor Rick Scott.
“You’ve got to stop saying ‘arm the teachers.’ That’s doing a disservice to the people of Florida. It’s not about arming teachers, Stu. It’s about getting trained, qualified people in the right places to protect our children. That’s what it’s about,” he continued.
“I’ve been meeting with some local teachers, and that’s the word that we should be spreading. Not putting the teacher word out there. Putting professionals in the right places, who would be in the right spot, in case something happens,” he added.
“You’re a good man,” Varney told him.
Pollack said his plan is to take a similar bill to every other governor in the country. Watch interview below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?