Father of slain Parkland student: Stop talking about arming teachers (video)
Andrew Pollack, whose daughter, Meadow, was one of the 17 people slain in the Parkland, Florida school shooting on Valentine’s Day, told Fox Business’s Stuart Varney on Monday that the media should stop talking about “arming the teachers.”
The two were discussing the school safety bill, which was just passed in Florida last week, and signed into law by Florida Governor Rick Scott.
“You’ve got to stop saying ‘arm the teachers.’ That’s doing a disservice to the people of Florida. It’s not about arming teachers, Stu. It’s about getting trained, qualified people in the right places to protect our children. That’s what it’s about,” he continued.
“I’ve been meeting with some local teachers, and that’s the word that we should be spreading. Not putting the teacher word out there. Putting professionals in the right places, who would be in the right spot, in case something happens,” he added.
“You’re a good man,” Varney told him.
Pollack said his plan is to take a similar bill to every other governor in the country. Watch interview below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)