Father of slain Parkland student: Stop talking about arming teachers (video)
Andrew Pollack, whose daughter, Meadow, was one of the 17 people slain in the Parkland, Florida school shooting on Valentine’s Day, told Fox Business’s Stuart Varney on Monday that the media should stop talking about “arming the teachers.”
The two were discussing the school safety bill, which was just passed in Florida last week, and signed into law by Florida Governor Rick Scott.
“You’ve got to stop saying ‘arm the teachers.’ That’s doing a disservice to the people of Florida. It’s not about arming teachers, Stu. It’s about getting trained, qualified people in the right places to protect our children. That’s what it’s about,” he continued.
“I’ve been meeting with some local teachers, and that’s the word that we should be spreading. Not putting the teacher word out there. Putting professionals in the right places, who would be in the right spot, in case something happens,” he added.
“You’re a good man,” Varney told him.
Pollack said his plan is to take a similar bill to every other governor in the country. Watch interview below.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned