Father of slain Parkland student: Stop talking about arming teachers (video)
Andrew Pollack, whose daughter, Meadow, was one of the 17 people slain in the Parkland, Florida school shooting on Valentine’s Day, told Fox Business’s Stuart Varney on Monday that the media should stop talking about “arming the teachers.”
The two were discussing the school safety bill, which was just passed in Florida last week, and signed into law by Florida Governor Rick Scott.
“You’ve got to stop saying ‘arm the teachers.’ That’s doing a disservice to the people of Florida. It’s not about arming teachers, Stu. It’s about getting trained, qualified people in the right places to protect our children. That’s what it’s about,” he continued.
“I’ve been meeting with some local teachers, and that’s the word that we should be spreading. Not putting the teacher word out there. Putting professionals in the right places, who would be in the right spot, in case something happens,” he added.
“You’re a good man,” Varney told him.
Pollack said his plan is to take a similar bill to every other governor in the country. Watch interview below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)