Feinstein releases full closed-door testimony by Fusion GPS co-founder
Ranking Senate Judiciary Committee member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has posted the entire transcript of a closed-door testimony given by Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson to her Senate web page (see document below.)
Feinstein acted unilaterally, as Simpson asked for the full transcript be released last week. Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) refused to do so, saying that Simpson should testify publicly instead.
“The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice. The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public,” Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday, referencing why she chose to release the testimony.
The Senate Judiciary Committee interviewed Simpson in August as part of its investigation into Russia’s election interference.
Amid multiple probes into Russian election interference, the Fusion GPS co-founder has emerged as a central figure. His firm was behind the controversial dossier tying President Donald J. Trump to Russia, which was authored by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele.
The document includes unverified allegations against Trump, and GOP senators have recommended a criminal investigation into Steele. (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT BELOW.)
The American people deserve the opportunity to see the transcript of the Judiciary Committee’s interview with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson. Read it for yourself: https://t.co/yEaJLHpGdG
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) January 9, 2018
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Buttigieg backs far-left idea of erasing Thomas Jefferson’s name: ‘It’s the right thing to do’
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?