Feinstein releases full closed-door testimony by Fusion GPS co-founder
Ranking Senate Judiciary Committee member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has posted the entire transcript of a closed-door testimony given by Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson to her Senate web page (see document below.)
Feinstein acted unilaterally, as Simpson asked for the full transcript be released last week. Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) refused to do so, saying that Simpson should testify publicly instead.
“The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice. The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public,” Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday, referencing why she chose to release the testimony.
The Senate Judiciary Committee interviewed Simpson in August as part of its investigation into Russia’s election interference.
Amid multiple probes into Russian election interference, the Fusion GPS co-founder has emerged as a central figure. His firm was behind the controversial dossier tying President Donald J. Trump to Russia, which was authored by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele.
The document includes unverified allegations against Trump, and GOP senators have recommended a criminal investigation into Steele. (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT BELOW.)
The American people deserve the opportunity to see the transcript of the Judiciary Committee’s interview with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson. Read it for yourself: https://t.co/yEaJLHpGdG
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) January 9, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- Facebook shares plunge in pre-market Monday
- Liberal actress announces run for NY governor (video)
- Young boy kills sister after arguing over game controller (VIDEO)
- Hillary Clinton’s trip to India costing taxpayers thousands
- BREAKING: Parkland shooter’s brother arrested