Feinstein releases full closed-door testimony by Fusion GPS co-founder
Ranking Senate Judiciary Committee member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has posted the entire transcript of a closed-door testimony given by Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson to her Senate web page (see document below.)
Feinstein acted unilaterally, as Simpson asked for the full transcript be released last week. Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) refused to do so, saying that Simpson should testify publicly instead.
“The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice. The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public,” Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday, referencing why she chose to release the testimony.
The Senate Judiciary Committee interviewed Simpson in August as part of its investigation into Russia’s election interference.
Amid multiple probes into Russian election interference, the Fusion GPS co-founder has emerged as a central figure. His firm was behind the controversial dossier tying President Donald J. Trump to Russia, which was authored by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele.
The document includes unverified allegations against Trump, and GOP senators have recommended a criminal investigation into Steele. (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT BELOW.)
The American people deserve the opportunity to see the transcript of the Judiciary Committee’s interview with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson. Read it for yourself: https://t.co/yEaJLHpGdG
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) January 9, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district