Feinstein releases full closed-door testimony by Fusion GPS co-founder
Ranking Senate Judiciary Committee member Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has posted the entire transcript of a closed-door testimony given by Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson to her Senate web page (see document below.)
Feinstein acted unilaterally, as Simpson asked for the full transcript be released last week. Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) refused to do so, saying that Simpson should testify publicly instead.
“The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice. The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public,” Feinstein said in a statement Tuesday, referencing why she chose to release the testimony.
The Senate Judiciary Committee interviewed Simpson in August as part of its investigation into Russia’s election interference.
Amid multiple probes into Russian election interference, the Fusion GPS co-founder has emerged as a central figure. His firm was behind the controversial dossier tying President Donald J. Trump to Russia, which was authored by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele.
The document includes unverified allegations against Trump, and GOP senators have recommended a criminal investigation into Steele. (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT BELOW.)
The American people deserve the opportunity to see the transcript of the Judiciary Committee’s interview with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson. Read it for yourself: https://t.co/yEaJLHpGdG
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) January 9, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Pelosi responds when asked whether she will be next House Speaker
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti hit with HUGE DEFEAT in ex-colleague’s lawsuit
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers