First Lady Melania meets with survivor of Parkland school shooting (video)
Thursday, First Lady Melania Trump received a visitor at the White House, Kyle Kashuv, a survivor of the mass shooting at a Florida high school last month.
Kashuv, a Republican student who is standing firm for his support of the Second Amendment, has been ridiculed by more liberal students who are fighting for gun control, and have labeled him as an “enemy of the movement,” according to an interview he gave earlier.
Kashuv was also a guest on Fox & Friends Friday morning. (Video below).
The Hill reported:
Kyle Kashuv survived the shooting at Stoneman Douglas last month, where 17 people were killed and several others were injured. The shooting sparked a renewed conversation on gun laws and how to prevent school shootings, largely led by students.
Kashuv and the First Lady also discussed the ReachOut App, which Kashuv has been promoting in the aftermath of the shooting. The app allows a student to connect with fellow students to discuss emotional or mental problems they’re experiencing.
The first lady sent out a Twitter post Thursday evening, with video clips from her meeting with Kashuv, tweeting:
Heartened to see children affected by tragedy using their voices to try and create change. Wonderful to meet and speak with Stoneman Douglas High School student @KyleKashuv today at the @WhiteHouse. His message of unity inspires us all! #MSDStrong
Heartened to see children affected by tragedy using their voices to try and create change. Wonderful to meet and speak with Stoneman Douglas High School student @KyleKashuv today at the @WhiteHouse. His message of unity inspires us all! #MSDStrong pic.twitter.com/N5ZqdGruwT
— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) March 8, 2018
— Fox News (@FoxNews) March 9, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations