First Lady Melania meets with survivor of Parkland school shooting (video)
Thursday, First Lady Melania Trump received a visitor at the White House, Kyle Kashuv, a survivor of the mass shooting at a Florida high school last month.
Kashuv, a Republican student who is standing firm for his support of the Second Amendment, has been ridiculed by more liberal students who are fighting for gun control, and have labeled him as an “enemy of the movement,” according to an interview he gave earlier.
Kashuv was also a guest on Fox & Friends Friday morning. (Video below).
The Hill reported:
Kyle Kashuv survived the shooting at Stoneman Douglas last month, where 17 people were killed and several others were injured. The shooting sparked a renewed conversation on gun laws and how to prevent school shootings, largely led by students.
Kashuv and the First Lady also discussed the ReachOut App, which Kashuv has been promoting in the aftermath of the shooting. The app allows a student to connect with fellow students to discuss emotional or mental problems they’re experiencing.
The first lady sent out a Twitter post Thursday evening, with video clips from her meeting with Kashuv, tweeting:
Heartened to see children affected by tragedy using their voices to try and create change. Wonderful to meet and speak with Stoneman Douglas High School student @KyleKashuv today at the @WhiteHouse. His message of unity inspires us all! #MSDStrong
Heartened to see children affected by tragedy using their voices to try and create change. Wonderful to meet and speak with Stoneman Douglas High School student @KyleKashuv today at the @WhiteHouse. His message of unity inspires us all! #MSDStrong pic.twitter.com/N5ZqdGruwT
— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) March 8, 2018
— Fox News (@FoxNews) March 9, 2018
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- BREAKING: Protestors descend upon DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen’s house, scream at her as she leaves
- REPORT: Jennifer Lopez busted spreading hoax photos about border separations