Florida Senate race is over, winner announced
It was a tight race between sitting Governor Rick Scott (R) and sitting Senator Bill Nelson (D) in the election for US Senate. But in the end, Scott squeezed out a slim margin of victory that was announced just before midnight Tuesday.
The win for Scott keeps in him politics and positions the multi-millionaire businessman turned legislator for a possible run for president in 2014, or in 2020 if Trump decides not to run.
Scott, who has been criticized heavily for his role in the red tide issue that has hampered south west Florida, benefited from numerous appearances from President Trump.
Also winning on Tuesday, is Ron DeSantis (R), who will transition from his role of congressman to governor.
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”