Florida Senate race is over, winner announced
It was a tight race between sitting Governor Rick Scott (R) and sitting Senator Bill Nelson (D) in the election for US Senate. But in the end, Scott squeezed out a slim margin of victory that was announced just before midnight Tuesday.
The win for Scott keeps in him politics and positions the multi-millionaire businessman turned legislator for a possible run for president in 2014, or in 2020 if Trump decides not to run.
Scott, who has been criticized heavily for his role in the red tide issue that has hampered south west Florida, benefited from numerous appearances from President Trump.
Also winning on Tuesday, is Ron DeSantis (R), who will transition from his role of congressman to governor.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- EXCLUSIVE: Snipes explains ballot box left in rental car that shut down airport (VIDEOS, PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Tomi Lahren mocks Michelle Obama’s dig at Trump inauguration
- REPORT: FDA recalls another blood pressure drug for possible cancer risk