Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
Speaking at a press conference Thursday morning regarding Wednesday’s deadly mass shooting at the south Florida high school in Parkland, Sheriff Scott Israel gave an update on new details emerging from the incident.
In response to the horrific school shooting by a former student that killed 17 people, many have called for more armed officers to be placed in every school, who would then be able to prevent mass tragedies such as this from occurring. However, it is now known that didn’t stop this shooting.
The Associated Press reported:
A Florida sheriff says there was an armed officer on campus at the time of a deadly high school shooting.
But Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday the officer never encountered the suspect during the Wednesday afternoon attack that killed 17 people.
BREAKING: Florida sheriff says high school campus had an armed officer who never encountered the suspected shooter during attack.
— The Associated Press (@AP) February 15, 2018
[VIDEO] Watch as students exit the scene of the #StonemanShooting in Florida. Nikolas Cruz faces 17 murder charges. Read student accounts of Cruz here: https://t.co/XoU4W3LK5Z pic.twitter.com/l8Mt4pxnlM
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) February 15, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny