Former NFL star’s gun photo with daughter and date sparks outrage on Twitter (see it)
Former NFL kicker Jay Feely is causing a stir on Twitter.
The former NFL star turned public speaker tweeted a picture of himself standing with his daughter and her date before they headed off to the prom. In this right hand he is holding a gun. Under the photo he writes: “Wishing my beautiful daughter and her date a great time at prom “
Twitter put the tweet on its trending page, claiming it is sparking gun debates.
— Jay Feely (@jayfeely) April 22, 2018
Some people on Twitter are calling out Freely for touting his gun as being “irresponsible.”
How is this responsible gun ownership? When did guns become a vehicle for twisted humor? What in the hell is wrong with this guy? https://t.co/aV7Eyk8Der
— Tracy (@TracyFootworks) April 22, 2018
Oh yay – American dads have kicked off the season of “let’s pretend I’m going to shoot my daughter’s date for for impugning her chastity” pics. https://t.co/JRkhQTmKRV
— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) April 22, 2018
I had dinner with my daughter’s date a week before. I asked their plans, told them to call if they needed anything. Told my daughter to take care. No guns necessary. https://t.co/XojIzWTcxW
— Thomas Greene (@doubting_t) April 22, 2018
Not everyone thought it was a bad post.
He’s referencing a scene in the movie #BadBoys2
The kid knows it’s a joke— it’s not pointed at anyone and barely in the picture. I’m sure there’s a picture with his daughter and just the date also. This isn’t anything to blow out of proportion. https://t.co/OWWQGxhKpF
— Mike McLeod (@CMichaelMcLeod) April 22, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist