Fox News ignores viewers, runs impeachment ads against Trump
Back in October, Fox News shocked its audiences by running a 60-second commercial spot calling for the impeachment of President Trump.
The commercial highlights Bay Area billionaire, philanthropist, environmental activist and Democratic donor Tom Steyer. In the ad, Steyer calls for the impeachment of the president and leads people to a website called “Need to Impeach.”
Steyer, who paid for the ad time with his own money, had purchased a second week of Fox News ad time on Oct. 27, but according to Steyer, the commercial stopped airing on Oct. 31.
The ads stopped because Fox News executives decided to remove them after viewers voiced outrage to the network. “Due to the strong negative reaction to their ad by our viewers, we could not in good conscience take their money,” said Fox News co-president, Jack Abernethy.
But Abernethy and the Murdoch family have failed to keep their word. In December, Steyer is back with a new impeachment commercial which is airing each morning during “Fox & Friends.” It is widely known that the president watches the program.
The ad is all part of a $20M campaign to take down the president, and Fox News is grabbing the money and doing their part to ensure the negative message gets out to the masses.
The ad is effective. To date, more than 3.3 million people have signed the petition.
I tweeted to Fox & Friends Tuesday and asked why the ad continues to run:
@foxandfriends @realDonaldTrump Fox lying 2 its viewers? Fox issued statement in OCT saying it was pulling the Steyer impeachment ads. But the ads still run on F&F each morning. Then again, the Murdochs donated to the Clinton Foundation, enough said….”
@foxandfriends @realDonaldTrump Fox lying 2 its viewers? Fox issued statement in OCT saying it was pulling the Steyer impeachment ads. But the ads still run on F&F each morning. Then again, the Murdochs donated to the Clinton Foundation, enough said…. https://t.co/07HqcZvzCz
— Dennis Michael Lynch (@realDennisLynch) December 6, 2017
I will take my message a step further today during “The Truth” at 11 a.m. on Facebook.com/Dmldaily.
The video below shows the ad after FOX takes a commercial break.
Trending on DML News
- Trump Tweet: Video of Hillary Clinton: ‘This is classic!’
- REPORT: Injured, starving teen found living in barn was ‘within a week of death’
- VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks Sanders’ resolution, calls it ‘crazy hatred’ against Trump
- BREAKING: Mueller offered Podesta immunity to testify against Manafort, claims Fox News host
- REPORT: Woman robs, murders mom, grandmother and goes on spending spree
- FOOD WARNING: Popular sweet treat recalled amid salmonella scare
- VIDEO: Democrats erupt in ’USA’ chant on House floor
- BREAKING: NFL team to discipline players who protest during national anthem
- REPORT: Video emerges of Melania Trump looking horrified after shaking Putin’s hand
- REPORT: Maxine Waters warns supporters of possible ‘armed protests’ against her