Frightened passengers forced to jump from plane’s wing after emergency landing (VIDEO)
A flight bound for Dallas was forced to make an emergency landing in Albuquerque, with some passengers exiting the plane via the wing post landing. During the evacuation, the frightened passenger had to jump from the wing and onto the tarmac as crew members screamed that they needed to get away from the aircraft.
Southwest Flight 3562 made its emergency stop at Albuquerque International Sunport after leaving Phoenix on Sunday night. About an hour into its flight heading for Dallas Love Field, the crew noticed an unusual smell in the cabin, according to an airline statement.
The Associated Press reports: Passengers said they could feel heat from the vents shortly before the crew said the plane was going to make an emergency landing. Passengers were told to brace as the plane landed.
Brandon Cox said it was an eight-foot jump to the tarmac from the wing. “I hit the ground really hard and was just shell-shocked that I just had to jump off the wing of an airplane,” he said.
The report continues: Video he posted on Twitter showed people using a slide connected to another emergency exit. A crewmember can be heard shouting, “Move away from the aircraft now!”
The video (see below) shows the passengers quickly jumping off the wing as the crew member continues to yell instructions.
A tweet from the Albuquerque Fire Department said two people were taken to hospitals, but the extent of their injuries is unknown.
— AP West Region (@APWestRegion) March 12, 2018
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned