Frightened passengers forced to jump from plane’s wing after emergency landing (VIDEO)
A flight bound for Dallas was forced to make an emergency landing in Albuquerque, with some passengers exiting the plane via the wing post landing. During the evacuation, the frightened passenger had to jump from the wing and onto the tarmac as crew members screamed that they needed to get away from the aircraft.
Southwest Flight 3562 made its emergency stop at Albuquerque International Sunport after leaving Phoenix on Sunday night. About an hour into its flight heading for Dallas Love Field, the crew noticed an unusual smell in the cabin, according to an airline statement.
The Associated Press reports: Passengers said they could feel heat from the vents shortly before the crew said the plane was going to make an emergency landing. Passengers were told to brace as the plane landed.
Brandon Cox said it was an eight-foot jump to the tarmac from the wing. “I hit the ground really hard and was just shell-shocked that I just had to jump off the wing of an airplane,” he said.
The report continues: Video he posted on Twitter showed people using a slide connected to another emergency exit. A crewmember can be heard shouting, “Move away from the aircraft now!”
The video (see below) shows the passengers quickly jumping off the wing as the crew member continues to yell instructions.
A tweet from the Albuquerque Fire Department said two people were taken to hospitals, but the extent of their injuries is unknown.
— AP West Region (@APWestRegion) March 12, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)