Frightened passengers forced to jump from plane’s wing after emergency landing (VIDEO)
A flight bound for Dallas was forced to make an emergency landing in Albuquerque, with some passengers exiting the plane via the wing post landing. During the evacuation, the frightened passenger had to jump from the wing and onto the tarmac as crew members screamed that they needed to get away from the aircraft.
Southwest Flight 3562 made its emergency stop at Albuquerque International Sunport after leaving Phoenix on Sunday night. About an hour into its flight heading for Dallas Love Field, the crew noticed an unusual smell in the cabin, according to an airline statement.
The Associated Press reports: Passengers said they could feel heat from the vents shortly before the crew said the plane was going to make an emergency landing. Passengers were told to brace as the plane landed.
Brandon Cox said it was an eight-foot jump to the tarmac from the wing. “I hit the ground really hard and was just shell-shocked that I just had to jump off the wing of an airplane,” he said.
The report continues: Video he posted on Twitter showed people using a slide connected to another emergency exit. A crewmember can be heard shouting, “Move away from the aircraft now!”
The video (see below) shows the passengers quickly jumping off the wing as the crew member continues to yell instructions.
A tweet from the Albuquerque Fire Department said two people were taken to hospitals, but the extent of their injuries is unknown.
— AP West Region (@APWestRegion) March 12, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)