House shoots down Dem congressman’s attempt to impeach Trump (video)
Democratic Rep. Al Green (Texas) launched an effort to impeach President Trump Wednesday, but it fell flat, soundly defeated by 364 lawmakers in the House.
A total of 58 Democrats voted to go along with it.
“He has harmed the society of the United States. Brought shame and dishonor to the office of President of the United States,” Green declared.
“Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is unfit to be President,”Green ranted, saying Trump should be impeached for “high misdemeanors,” and that he has caused harm to the society of the United States.
“As I have said before, this is not about Democrats, it is about democracy,” Green wrote in an internal memo to his colleagues. “It is not about Republicans, it is about the fate of our Republic. May everyone vote their conscience knowing that history will judge us all.”
Green presented two articles of impeachment, but the lawmakers voted against even considering them.
All 238 House Republicans voted to table the impeachment proposal, along with 126 House Democrats.
58 Democrats, including Maxine Waters (CA), voted to move forward.
Trending on DML News
- Trump Tweet: Video of Hillary Clinton: ‘This is classic!’
- REPORT: Injured, starving teen found living in barn was ‘within a week of death’
- VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks Sanders’ resolution, calls it ‘crazy hatred’ against Trump
- BREAKING: Mueller offered Podesta immunity to testify against Manafort, claims Fox News host
- REPORT: Woman robs, murders mom, grandmother and goes on spending spree
- FOOD WARNING: Popular sweet treat recalled amid salmonella scare
- VIDEO: Democrats erupt in ’USA’ chant on House floor
- BREAKING: NFL team to discipline players who protest during national anthem
- REPORT: Video emerges of Melania Trump looking horrified after shaking Putin’s hand
- REPORT: Maxine Waters warns supporters of possible ‘armed protests’ against her