House shoots down Dem congressman’s attempt to impeach Trump (video)
Democratic Rep. Al Green (Texas) launched an effort to impeach President Trump Wednesday, but it fell flat, soundly defeated by 364 lawmakers in the House.
A total of 58 Democrats voted to go along with it.
“He has harmed the society of the United States. Brought shame and dishonor to the office of President of the United States,” Green declared.
“Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is unfit to be President,”Green ranted, saying Trump should be impeached for “high misdemeanors,” and that he has caused harm to the society of the United States.
“As I have said before, this is not about Democrats, it is about democracy,” Green wrote in an internal memo to his colleagues. “It is not about Republicans, it is about the fate of our Republic. May everyone vote their conscience knowing that history will judge us all.”
Green presented two articles of impeachment, but the lawmakers voted against even considering them.
All 238 House Republicans voted to table the impeachment proposal, along with 126 House Democrats.
58 Democrats, including Maxine Waters (CA), voted to move forward.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)