House shoots down Dem congressman’s attempt to impeach Trump (video)
Democratic Rep. Al Green (Texas) launched an effort to impeach President Trump Wednesday, but it fell flat, soundly defeated by 364 lawmakers in the House.
A total of 58 Democrats voted to go along with it.
“He has harmed the society of the United States. Brought shame and dishonor to the office of President of the United States,” Green declared.
“Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is unfit to be President,”Green ranted, saying Trump should be impeached for “high misdemeanors,” and that he has caused harm to the society of the United States.
“As I have said before, this is not about Democrats, it is about democracy,” Green wrote in an internal memo to his colleagues. “It is not about Republicans, it is about the fate of our Republic. May everyone vote their conscience knowing that history will judge us all.”
Green presented two articles of impeachment, but the lawmakers voted against even considering them.
All 238 House Republicans voted to table the impeachment proposal, along with 126 House Democrats.
58 Democrats, including Maxine Waters (CA), voted to move forward.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl