House shoots down Dem congressman’s attempt to impeach Trump (video)
Democratic Rep. Al Green (Texas) launched an effort to impeach President Trump Wednesday, but it fell flat, soundly defeated by 364 lawmakers in the House.
A total of 58 Democrats voted to go along with it.
“He has harmed the society of the United States. Brought shame and dishonor to the office of President of the United States,” Green declared.
“Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is unfit to be President,”Green ranted, saying Trump should be impeached for “high misdemeanors,” and that he has caused harm to the society of the United States.
“As I have said before, this is not about Democrats, it is about democracy,” Green wrote in an internal memo to his colleagues. “It is not about Republicans, it is about the fate of our Republic. May everyone vote their conscience knowing that history will judge us all.”
Green presented two articles of impeachment, but the lawmakers voted against even considering them.
All 238 House Republicans voted to table the impeachment proposal, along with 126 House Democrats.
58 Democrats, including Maxine Waters (CA), voted to move forward.
Trending on DML News
- Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
- Sandy Hook mom blasts Trump on anniversary of shooting
- BREAKING: Amtrak train derails over highway overpass (video)
- Millionaire heir and friend kill woman, burn her body in incinerator
- Woman savagely mauled and killed by her own dogs (video)
- BREAKING: TRUMP says he does not plan to fire Robert Mueller (video)
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner sued
- REPORT: Obama stopped US task force from taking down Hezbollah’s criminal network in order to secure his Iran nuke deal
- POLL: Who is the worst president since 1969
- Here’s why Jason Priestley punched Harvey Weinstein in 1995