ICE agents beat system of sanctuary city’s police department
Despite San Francisco’s sanctuary city status, ICE agents are working their way into the system in order to interview and interrogate imprisoned illegal immigrants.
City officials are enraged that the federal authorities are finding loopholes to circumvent the pro-illegal immigration barriers.
Fox News reports the following:
“ICE agents managed to interview an inmate in a San Francisco jail earlier this month, in what the sanctuary city’s sheriff is calling a deliberate effort by the feds to find “weak points” in her department’s pro-illegal immigrant policies and state laws.
In a separate snafu, police said, ICE agents were granted an interview room with an inmate in another jail, but that inmate declined to speak with the agents.
Jail officials apparently violated both departmental policy and California law by accomodating the agents, authorities said Monday.
“My staff made a mistake and I have to hold myself accountable,” San Francisco Sheriff Vicki Hennessy told The San Francisco Chronicle. “I apologize on behalf of the department. I feel embarrassed by it. I’ve taken steps to make sure it never happens again.”
But Hennessy said federal immigration authorities, who arrested 232 in a sweeping Bay Area immigration crackdown just weeks ago, knew what they were doing.”
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders