ICE agents beat system of sanctuary city’s police department
Despite San Francisco’s sanctuary city status, ICE agents are working their way into the system in order to interview and interrogate imprisoned illegal immigrants.
City officials are enraged that the federal authorities are finding loopholes to circumvent the pro-illegal immigration barriers.
Fox News reports the following:
“ICE agents managed to interview an inmate in a San Francisco jail earlier this month, in what the sanctuary city’s sheriff is calling a deliberate effort by the feds to find “weak points” in her department’s pro-illegal immigrant policies and state laws.
In a separate snafu, police said, ICE agents were granted an interview room with an inmate in another jail, but that inmate declined to speak with the agents.
Jail officials apparently violated both departmental policy and California law by accomodating the agents, authorities said Monday.
“My staff made a mistake and I have to hold myself accountable,” San Francisco Sheriff Vicki Hennessy told The San Francisco Chronicle. “I apologize on behalf of the department. I feel embarrassed by it. I’ve taken steps to make sure it never happens again.”
But Hennessy said federal immigration authorities, who arrested 232 in a sweeping Bay Area immigration crackdown just weeks ago, knew what they were doing.”
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: Judge rules Trump administration justified in ending Obama-era immigration program
- REPORT: Corsi slaps Mueller with $350M lawsuit
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
- REPORT: Company announces moving production out of China over tariff concerns
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh sides with liberal judges to turn away Planned Parenthood defunding cases
- VIDEO: Chris Christie comments on Trump’s legal jeopardy
- OpEd: Cohen’s pleas concocted by prosecutors to snare Trump
- REPORT: YouTube terminates conservative activist’s channel
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez surprises Queens synagogue with family history
- REPORT: Actress declares ‘We should be afraid’ of Trump