ICE director slams Pelosi, Feinstein for comments about agency
Speaking to “Fox & Friends,” acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Thomas Homan said Monday that comments made by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) were “beyond the pale.” He also lashed out at Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) for their criticisms and behavior.
From The Hill: During a press call with reporters, Homan slammed Pelosi for characterizing ICE as a threat to immigrant communities.
“How dare she say we are terrorizing communities,” Homan said, arguing that it’s the immigrants in the country illegally that ICE arrested who are posing the threat.
Homan argued that ICE does not arrest innocent people and said that, during the agency’s operation in Los Angeles in February, 88 percent of the people arrested were convicted criminals.
He added that in all of California, 81 percent of those arrested by ICE were criminals.
“Her quote was beyond the pale,” Homan said.
Feinstein said the Trump administration targeted California to score political points with his base, leading Homan to contend that ICE is merely enforcing immigration laws.
“If people don’t like it, people like Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein can certainly change the law, they are legislators,” Homan said.
The report continues: The ICE chief also recently went after Oakland’s mayor after she warned her city about upcoming immigration raids before they were carried out.
“She gave them a warning, and there’s 800 that we were unable to locate because of that warning, so that community is a lot less safe than it would have been,” Homan said on “Fox & Friends.”
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone