ICE director slams Pelosi, Feinstein for comments about agency
Speaking to “Fox & Friends,” acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Thomas Homan said Monday that comments made by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) were “beyond the pale.” He also lashed out at Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) for their criticisms and behavior.
From The Hill: During a press call with reporters, Homan slammed Pelosi for characterizing ICE as a threat to immigrant communities.
“How dare she say we are terrorizing communities,” Homan said, arguing that it’s the immigrants in the country illegally that ICE arrested who are posing the threat.
Homan argued that ICE does not arrest innocent people and said that, during the agency’s operation in Los Angeles in February, 88 percent of the people arrested were convicted criminals.
He added that in all of California, 81 percent of those arrested by ICE were criminals.
“Her quote was beyond the pale,” Homan said.
Feinstein said the Trump administration targeted California to score political points with his base, leading Homan to contend that ICE is merely enforcing immigration laws.
“If people don’t like it, people like Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein can certainly change the law, they are legislators,” Homan said.
The report continues: The ICE chief also recently went after Oakland’s mayor after she warned her city about upcoming immigration raids before they were carried out.
“She gave them a warning, and there’s 800 that we were unable to locate because of that warning, so that community is a lot less safe than it would have been,” Homan said on “Fox & Friends.”
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned