ICE director slams Pelosi, Feinstein for comments about agency
Speaking to “Fox & Friends,” acting Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Thomas Homan said Monday that comments made by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) were “beyond the pale.” He also lashed out at Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) for their criticisms and behavior.
From The Hill: During a press call with reporters, Homan slammed Pelosi for characterizing ICE as a threat to immigrant communities.
“How dare she say we are terrorizing communities,” Homan said, arguing that it’s the immigrants in the country illegally that ICE arrested who are posing the threat.
Homan argued that ICE does not arrest innocent people and said that, during the agency’s operation in Los Angeles in February, 88 percent of the people arrested were convicted criminals.
He added that in all of California, 81 percent of those arrested by ICE were criminals.
“Her quote was beyond the pale,” Homan said.
Feinstein said the Trump administration targeted California to score political points with his base, leading Homan to contend that ICE is merely enforcing immigration laws.
“If people don’t like it, people like Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein can certainly change the law, they are legislators,” Homan said.
The report continues: The ICE chief also recently went after Oakland’s mayor after she warned her city about upcoming immigration raids before they were carried out.
“She gave them a warning, and there’s 800 that we were unable to locate because of that warning, so that community is a lot less safe than it would have been,” Homan said on “Fox & Friends.”
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?