Illegal immigrant breaks spine attempting to cross border
A female illegal immigrant’s attempt to cross the border from Mexico to the U.S. ended with her breaking her spine.
The 22-year-old Mexican citizen fell off a cliff during her illegal border crossing attempt, and the resulting fall left her with a broken spine and severe injuries.
Fox News reports the following:
“A 22-year-old Mexican woman plunged off a 20-foot cliff while trying to cross the border into the U.S. illegally, landing her in the hospital with a fractured spine, investigators said last week.
U.S. Border Patrol agents around 9 p.m. on Thursday spotted a man on surveillance footage walking near Highway 98 near Ocotillo in California and quickly made contact with him, according to a Customs and Border Protection news release.
The man, a 44-year-old Mexican national who was “waving his hands” to grab the attention of anyone passing by, told agents that his girlfriend had dropped off the cliff trying to cross the border illegally into the U.S.
The responding agents came to the rescue of the woman — a 22-year-old Mexican national — and immediately called emergency rescue authorities, who placed the woman on a gurney and air-lifted her from the scene, the agency stated.”
According to the press release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, “Agents took the man, a 44-year-old Mexican national, to the station for further processing. The woman, a 22-year-old Mexican national, will be at the hospital until she recovers. Later, agents will process her for removal from the country.”
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- Florida lawmaker’s aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are actors
- Florida student speak out: I’m not a crisis actor (video)
- Pelosi proposes SHOCKING alternative to border wall (video)
- Prominent attorney charged for sexually abusing dog (video)
- UPDATE: 7th grader who shot himself at school had alarming items in backpack
- Trump accuser makes ominous threat (video)
- Reader sends screenshot of Facebook’s new censorship ploy (picture)
- Mueller files additional charges against Manafort, Gates
- REPORT: Retired sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- Claim: Hundreds of bodies dumped near US border by Mexican cartel