JUST IN: Former ‘Apprentice’ contestant’s lawsuit against Trump can proceed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
An appellate court in New York has rejected President Donald Trump’s assertion that a sitting president cannot be sued in state court — a ruling stemming from a defamation lawsuit filed by a former “The Apprentice” contestant who accused the president of groping and kissing her in 2007.
Summer Zervos’ lawsuit is now allowed to proceed with the prospect of the president having to sit for a deposition.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We reject defendant President Trump’s argument that the Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution prevents a New York State court — and every other state court in the country — from exercising its authority under its state constitution,” the court said in a statement. “Instead, we find that the Supremacy Clause was never intended to deprive a state court of its authority to decide cases and controversies under the state’s constitution.”
Zervos’ attorney Marianne Wang said her client was “very pleased” that court ruled that Trump is “not above the law,” stating:
“We look forward to proving to a jury that Ms. Zervos told the truth about Defendant’s unwanted sexual groping and holding him accountable for his malicious lies.”
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- BREAKING: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits suicide
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez lashes out against Trump and his supporters in Twitter rant