JUST IN: 2 MAJOR retailers to stop selling e-cigarettes amid regulatory uncertainty
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
Kroger, which also owns Harris Teeter, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, and other store brands, said it is discontinuing the sale of the product due “to the mounting questions and increasingly-complex regulatory environment.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Walgreens said it made the decision “as the CDC, FDA and other health officials continue to examine the issue.” A spokesperson for the grocer added that the decision is “reflective of developing regulations in a growing number of states and municipalities.”
The Trump administration is preparing a federal ban on flavored e-cigarettes.
E-cigarettes are already banned in Boulder, Colorado, San Francisco, California and in the state of Michigan, CNBC reports.
No more E-cigarettes at Kroger. https://t.co/v055PLFw5Z
— NBC25 / FOX66 News (@nbc25fox66) October 7, 2019
Kroger operates the Smith’s Food and Drug stores in the Las Vegas Valley https://t.co/cuiTdqDaj4
— Las Vegas RJ (@reviewjournal) October 7, 2019
NEW: Kroger has announced it will stop selling e-cigarettes at all of its stores and gas stations as government officials continue to look at more regulations of the devices. https://t.co/m8fIQ3JKXI
— WTVC NewsChannel 9 (@newschannelnine) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny