JUST IN: AL governor signs abortion ban into law; legal challenges likely
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signed the state’s controversial abortion ban into law, though it is expected to face near-immediate legal challenges.
The ban makes it a felony for doctors in the state to perform abortions in all cases, with the only exception being when the life of the mother is threatened.
The article goes on to state the following:
The law, which was passed by the state’s Senate on Tuesday, does not include exceptions in cases of rape or incest.
The original sponsor of the bill when it was in the state’s House of Representatives previously said that supporters of the bill expect it to be challenged in the courts, but also hope that happens. Rep. Terri Collins told ABC News that they wrote the bill with the hopes that it will be picked up by the Supreme Court and allow for the landmark federal ruling in Roe v. Wade, which allowed for legal abortions, to be overturned.
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) May 15, 2019
Breaking News: Alabama’s governor signed a bill that effectively bans abortion, joining a rush of states passing the most restrictive abortion laws in decades. https://t.co/w90oH7FJce
— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 15, 2019
JUST IN: Alabama’s governor has signed the bill to outlaw nearly all abortions. https://t.co/NvGey71gNa
— Axios (@axios) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- On a Pacific island, a nuclear dome left behind by the US begins to crack
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- DML TV
- REPORT: Arizona Gov. backs Trump on Mexico border closure
- BREAKING: Project Veritas releases bombshell undercover videos of Beto O’Rourke campaign
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally