JUST IN: Deadly avalanche barrels down on visitors of US ski resort
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by LA Times:
A skier was killed and another seriously injured when an avalanche sent snow barreling down the mountain at Alpine Meadows Ski Resort just west of Lake Tahoe on Friday morning, authorities said.
Placer County sheriff’s deputies responded to the resort, above the Subway ski run, about 10:30 a.m. after they received a report of an avalanche, Sgt. Mike Powers said.
The article goes on to state the following:
One man was killed and another man suffered severe injuries to his lower body. He was taken by ambulance to a hospital, authorities said.
The area of the resort where the incident occurred is an advanced ski area, Powers said. “At this point, there’s no reason to believe that any other areas of the resort or Alpine Meadows [are] in jeopardy,” he added.
The resort issued this statement:
“The entire Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows team, including all of the first responders, extend their deepest sympathies to the family and friends of the deceased. We are working closely with the families of all the affected individuals to ensure their continued care.”
California sheriff says rescuers responding to avalanche at Lake Tahoe ski resort, several people unaccounted for. https://t.co/Xu5O45F2Ln
— The Associated Press (@AP) January 17, 2020
The avalanche happened in a part of the ski resort known for beginners: https://t.co/fkdmEZrCWF
— Houston Weather (@abc13weather) January 17, 2020
At least one person was killed after heavy snows led to an avalanche near Lake Tahoe in Northern California on Friday https://t.co/52rUjkLr3m
— Bloomberg (@business) January 17, 2020
— RAY BAEZ (@raybae689) January 17, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit LA Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Bloomberg makes shocking statements about ‘black and Latino males’, transgender people
- REPORT: Judge found dead ahead of Michael Avenatti trial
- VIDEO: Judge Napolitano on Roger Stone case: Only one thing can undo this mess
- VIDEO: Border protection officer, family found dead in Florida home in apparent murder-suicide, police say
- REPORT: Former Republican governor says he will explore run for old office
- REPORT: White House responds to rumors that Victoria Coates is ‘Anonymous’ author