JUST IN: Sources reveal disturbing details about guards in Epstein’s prison unit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
A person familiar with the Manhattan jail that housed Jeffrey Epstein says it was so short-staffed on his last night alive that one guard on his unit was working a fifth straight day of overtime.
The person familiar with the Metropolitan Correctional Center’s operations told The Associated Press on Sunday that another guard in Epstein’s unit was working mandatory overtime. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he lacked authorization to discuss jail operations publicly.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Federal Bureau of Prisons has said Epstein was found unresponsive in his cell early Saturday and was declared dead shortly afterward. The agency called it an apparent suicide.
Earlier reports revealed guards failed to make mandatory 30-minute checks on Epstein’s welfare the night of the apparent suicide.
“Epstein should have been checked on by guards in his cell every 30 minutes, but that didn’t happen the night before his apparent suicide, a law enforcement official told the [New York Times],” The Los Angeles Times reported.
BREAKING: Prison guards in Jeffrey Epstein’s unit were working extreme overtime when he was found dead, a person familiar with the jail tells the AP. https://t.co/0Fwj1yBLMb
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’