JUST IN: Trump announces decision on moving US Embassy to Jerusalem
Ending months of speculation on whether to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, President Trump announced his decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem Tuesday morning.
The White House reported that Trump conducted phone calls Tuesday morning with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and King Abdullah of Jordan.
The Palestinian Liberation Organization reported that Abbas said he received a phone call from Trump, informing him that the U.S. embassy will be moved to Jerusalem, and out of Tel Aviv, where it has been for 70 years.
Abbas’ spokesperson Nabil Abu Rudeina stated that Abbas warned Mr. Trump of the dangerous consequences that could result from the decision on the peace process, stability and security in the Middle East. Turkey’s leader reportedly also spoke out on Tuesday, saying moving the U.S. embassy would be a “fatal mistake” that would create a new conflict in the Middle East.
On Sunday, the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, indicated the decision was still pending. “The president is going to make his decision and he’s still looking at a lot of different facts and when he makes his decision he’ll be the one to want to tell you, not me. He’ll make sure he does that at the right time,” Kushner said at the Saban Forum in Washington, D.C.
President Trump had signed the six-month waiver in June, delaying the move of the embassy to Jerusalem, and the deadline for another waiver was Monday.
— CNN International (@cnni) December 5, 2017
— CBS News (@CBSNews) December 5, 2017
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- BREAKING: Nevada brothel owner and GOP candidate found DEAD
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton’s Van Crashes Upon Arrival at Dem Fundraiser, GOP adds background music
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: Clinton launches Twitter storm against Trump, begs Dem voters to do something
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- EXCLUSIVE: Urgency increases in project pressuring Trump on mandatory E-Verify
- REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)