Just In: Trump signs bill to help support grandparents raising grandchildren
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A measure that would provide resources to grandparents raising their grandchildren has been signed into law by President Trump.
The Supporting Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Act, which cleared the Senate unanimously in June, will create a federal task force that will set up a one-stop shop of resources for roughly 2.6 million grandparents in the U.S. who are raising grandchildren. Many of these grandparents have been caring for their grandchildren as a result of the opioid crisis, taking on caregiving roles as their own children work through their addictions and treatments.
The article goes on to state the following:
“With so many parents struggling with addiction, grandparents are increasingly coming to the rescue and assuming this role,” said Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who co-authored the bill. “It is essential that we do all that we can to help these families.”
The resources the federal government will make available will include information about legal custody, social services, and mental health counseling, according to AARP, which supported the bill.
The White House released the following information about the grandparents’ bill, as well as about two other bills the president signed today.:
H.R. 931, the “Firefighter Cancer Registry Act of 2018,” which establishes and maintains a voluntary registry of firefighters to collect data on cancer incidence;
H.R. 2229, the “All Circuit Review Act,” which provides permanent authority for judicial review of certain Merit Systems Protection Board decisions related to whistleblowers; and
1091, the “Supporting Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Act,” which creates an Advisory Council to support grandparents raising grandchildren.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Ginsburg responds to question about her health and her ribs
- VIDEO: Here’s why a Vermont man put up a giant, illuminated middle finger sculpture on his front lawn
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton files new answers under oath about email system, blames husband’s aide