Ladies win the GOLD MEDAL
Even though they needed the first shootout in an Olympic women’s final to do it, rhe Americans’ gold medal drought in women’s hockey is finally over.
Twenty long years after taking gold when the sport debuted in 1998 at Nagano, Japan, the underdog United States snapped Canada’s streak of four straight Olympic golds Thursday with a 3-2 shootout victory.
Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson scored in the sixth round of the shootout to start the Americans piling over the boards, throwing gloves in the air before huddling and hugging on the ice.
It was sweet redemption for the 10 Americans who watched the Canadians snatch gold from their hands in 2014 at Sochi, Russia.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: 1 injured in shooting at Florida high school, authorities say
- TRUMP TWEET: Michael Flynn destroyed
- REPORT: Trump makes decision about attending Barbara Bush funeral
- BREAKING: DNC files multimillion dollar lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks
- REPORT: Court battle launched over anti-sanctuary law in California city
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump New Yorkers protest against Comey at book signing
- REPORT: Water scooter gunmen shoot up beach in Cancun’s tourist zone
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels to Donate NDA Money to Highly Controversial Organization
- UPDATE: Sheriffs killed at Florida restaurant identified
- DML TV: John Stamos claims MARCH FOR OUR LIVES changed the world