Ladies win the GOLD MEDAL
Even though they needed the first shootout in an Olympic women’s final to do it, rhe Americans’ gold medal drought in women’s hockey is finally over.
Twenty long years after taking gold when the sport debuted in 1998 at Nagano, Japan, the underdog United States snapped Canada’s streak of four straight Olympic golds Thursday with a 3-2 shootout victory.
Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson scored in the sixth round of the shootout to start the Americans piling over the boards, throwing gloves in the air before huddling and hugging on the ice.
It was sweet redemption for the 10 Americans who watched the Canadians snatch gold from their hands in 2014 at Sochi, Russia.
Trending on DML News
- GONE VIRAL: Mom of killed Navy SEAL hero rips Democrat for Purple Heart for Strzok comment
- Gowdy: Rosenstein should not be impeached, public hearings a joke
- REPORT: James Woods threatened by Stormi Daniels’ lawyer
- REPORT: Gowdy says Mueller probe is not a witch hunt
- REPORT: California Dems stun Sen Feinstein
- POLL: Who is the most dangerous Democrat in 2020?
- VIDEO: SF Mayor: ‘There’s More Feces … Than I’ve Ever Seen’
- REPORT: Russia responds in agreement to Trump’s statement on Twitter
- VIDEO: John Bolton Speaks Out on WH Decision To Cancel His CNN Interview, Russia and more
- VIDEO: Trump raves about ‘beautiful’ Queen, internet complains about ‘awkward moment’