Lawmaker freaks out when Dem colleague touches him during meeting (video)
All the sexual misconduct allegations circulating recently are now making people paranoid about even the slightest touch.
At a committee meeting in Pennsylvania Tuesday, GOP Rep. Daryl Metcalfe and Democratic Rep Matt Bradford were sitting next to each other, and Metcalfe lost it when Bradford simply touched him on the arm while trying to make a point.
“Representative Bradford,” said Metcalfe, interrupting Bradford in mid-sentence. “Look, I’m a heterosexual. I have a wife, I love my wife. I don’t like men, as you might. But stop touching me all the time. It’s like, keep your hands to yourself. Like, if you want to touch somebody, you have people on your side of the aisle that might like it. I don’t.”
Shocked, Bradford said, “We are officially off the rails,” and the room erupted into laughter. “My intent was just to beg for your permission for about 30 seconds.”
“Then beg, don’t touch,” Metcalfe said.
“I don’t know where we go from here,” Bradford said, and suggested maybe they should just save the conversation for another time.
Bradford is also married and has four children, Philly.com noted.
Watch the exchange below.
Trending on DML News
- Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
- Sandy Hook mom blasts Trump on anniversary of shooting
- BREAKING: Amtrak train derails over highway overpass (video)
- Millionaire heir and friend kill woman, burn her body in incinerator
- Woman savagely mauled and killed by her own dogs (video)
- BREAKING: TRUMP says he does not plan to fire Robert Mueller (video)
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner sued
- REPORT: Obama stopped US task force from taking down Hezbollah’s criminal network in order to secure his Iran nuke deal
- POLL: Who is the worst president since 1969
- Here’s why Jason Priestley punched Harvey Weinstein in 1995