Lawmaker freaks out when Dem colleague touches him during meeting (video)
All the sexual misconduct allegations circulating recently are now making people paranoid about even the slightest touch.
At a committee meeting in Pennsylvania Tuesday, GOP Rep. Daryl Metcalfe and Democratic Rep Matt Bradford were sitting next to each other, and Metcalfe lost it when Bradford simply touched him on the arm while trying to make a point.
“Representative Bradford,” said Metcalfe, interrupting Bradford in mid-sentence. “Look, I’m a heterosexual. I have a wife, I love my wife. I don’t like men, as you might. But stop touching me all the time. It’s like, keep your hands to yourself. Like, if you want to touch somebody, you have people on your side of the aisle that might like it. I don’t.”
Shocked, Bradford said, “We are officially off the rails,” and the room erupted into laughter. “My intent was just to beg for your permission for about 30 seconds.”
“Then beg, don’t touch,” Metcalfe said.
“I don’t know where we go from here,” Bradford said, and suggested maybe they should just save the conversation for another time.
Bradford is also married and has four children, Philly.com noted.
Watch the exchange below.
Trending on DML News
- Trump Tweet: Video of Hillary Clinton: ‘This is classic!’
- REPORT: Injured, starving teen found living in barn was ‘within a week of death’
- VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks Sanders’ resolution, calls it ‘crazy hatred’ against Trump
- BREAKING: Mueller offered Podesta immunity to testify against Manafort, claims Fox News host
- REPORT: Woman robs, murders mom, grandmother and goes on spending spree
- FOOD WARNING: Popular sweet treat recalled amid salmonella scare
- VIDEO: Democrats erupt in ’USA’ chant on House floor
- BREAKING: NFL team to discipline players who protest during national anthem
- REPORT: Video emerges of Melania Trump looking horrified after shaking Putin’s hand
- REPORT: Maxine Waters warns supporters of possible ‘armed protests’ against her