Liberals push for eliminating ICE
As Democrats prepare for a battle for the presidency in 2020, they are facing increased pressure from liberals to campaign on abolishing the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, according to a new report from Fox News.
ICE, the agency that enforces federal immigration laws by identifying, arresting and deporting illegal immigrants inside the United States, would be denounced in an effort to offer opposition to the Trump administration’s stance on immigration, according to the report
From Fox: In protesting the Trump administration’s policies toward illegal immigration, liberal commentators and writers have been embracing the idea of gutting ICE.
“This is a growing position on the left, and I imagine 2020 Democratic presidential aspirants will have to grapple with it,” liberal writer and MSNBC host Chris Hayes tweeted.
In January, the idea was endorsed by Brian Fallon, a former top aide to 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, and Eric Holder, President Barack Obama’s attorney general. The Daily Caller first drew attention to the calls.
“ICE operates as an unaccountable deportation force,” Fallon tweeted. “Dems running in 2020 should campaign on ending the agency in its current form.”
Thomas Homan, the acting director of ICE, has reacted to these calls by Democrats by saying they should speak to victims of illegal immigrant crime.
“These politicians, they need to talk to the victims of alien crime, talk to the parents that I talk to that lost children at the hands of criminal aliens,” Homan said Thursday on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”
According to the report, the idea is picking up steam and some liberals are suggesting that any Democratic presidential candidate should be asked to make their opinions about the existence of ICE clear.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations